Got the camera - Can't find the housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GottaDive!:
After reading dozens of good reviews here on the board I finally purchased an Olympus 5050 camera. Now today, after making almost 20 calls from New York to California I can't find the PT-015 housing in stock ANYWHERE! Every single place I called has them on back order. HELP!

I just saw a post not too long ago that you can get them through the Sam's Club site.
www.samsclub.com

GottaDive!:
After reading dozens of good reviews here on the board I finally purchased an Olympus 5050 camera. Now today, after making almost 20 calls from New York to California I can't find the PT-015 housing in stock ANYWHERE! Every single place I called has them on back order. HELP!

All I own are Aquatica Housings. I called aquatica, but they do not make a housing for the 5050 :-(

I make it a habbit to buy the housing before the camera.

Aquatica housing for the Nikon D100, 10.5 mm Nikor DX lense and twin 23 watt HID flood video lights.

You can order the PT-015 from Yuzo in Japan. He is prompt and reliable.
He is showing it as in stock on his website for 18,900 Yen (about $171.00 US). He prefers PayPal for payment.
I have ordered from him with no problems and his shipping is via the Japanese Postal System and is fast and reasonable. I paid no import duty when receiving my WAL from him at the local Post Office.

Here is what it says on the Adorama web site for the
PT-015 housing:

This Item is out of stock due to a back order situation.
Please note: You can order this now and as soon as it arrives we will ship it to you.
We do not charge your card for any backordered items.
We only charge your card when we actually ship.

Zorrr2:
BUT . . . they are closed today . . sorry . . but here is there sight . .

http://www.adorama.com/IOMPT015.html?refby=RFLAID027488

Good luck !!

I also checked with my local Sam's club and they are on back order also. I suppose just about everyone that has this camera and visits this site is trying to get a housing, or an extra one.

yup, that's what I heard when I went to my local photo shop. I asked him what the deal was since I had just asked the rep about it...he kinda stuttered....made that sly face, but didn't give me any solid information. Somethings in the air...I just don't know what. I had him save one of his back orderd ones for me as a spare.

If this housing is on back order or out of stock at several stores then maybe something is up.
He who hesitates is lost.
If you need one get it from whomever has it NOW.
Yuzo has them.

Yep...I'd be emailing Yuzo muy pronto!

Back
Top Bottom