Gralmarine Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pumpkin King

Contributor
Reaction score
Picked up one of these to use as an anchor line marker. I haven’t rigged it or gotten it wet yet, but the quality looks good. It checked all the boxes I wanted: super bright LEDs, aluminum body, simple twist on/off, and uses common rechargeable battery formats (18650 and 26650). I’ll provide an update once I’ve used it.
IMG_0312.jpeg

Picked up one of these to use as an anchor line marker. I haven’t rigged it or gotten it wet yet, but the quality looks good. It checked all the boxes I wanted: super bright LEDs, aluminum body, simple twist on/off, and uses common rechargeable battery formats (18650 and 26650). I’ll provide an update once I’ve used it.
As someone who is very interested in getting one of these I'll be very interested in the update.

I too am in the market for a strobe. Considering the Trojan, LM and Gralmarine. Was set on the Trojan until they upped the price of the Classic by $80 to $329 last week.

:facepalm:

Some questions about the Gralmarine, if you don't mind. 1) Price including shipping? 2) you mention it will take 18650 or 26625. Did you choose one battery size v the other or are you saying it will take either? 3) Have you had a chance to burn test it yet. The claim is 10 hour burn at 3600 lumens (30W) but is that with the 18650 or 26650? 4) From whom did you purchase it? Do they have a US distributor or did you get it from Poland (other?)

Many thanks,

I too am in the market for a strobe. Considering the Trojan, LM and Gralmarine. Was set on the Trojan until they upped the price of the Classic by $80 to $329 last week.

:facepalm:

Some questions about the Gralmarine, if you don't mind. 1) Price including shipping? 2) you mention it will take 18650 or 26625. Did you choose one battery size v the other or are you saying it will take either? 3) Have you had a chance to burn test it yet. The claim is 10 hour burn at 3600 lumens (30W) but is that with the 18650 or 26650? 4) From whom did you purchase it? Do they have a US distributor or did you get it from Poland (other?)

Many thanks,
Responses out of order, but they should still be legible. I ordered from Jonas Dive and had it in about a week to Virginia. Total to me was about $230.75 including MBE/FedEx shipping. It comes with a flat-top 18650 and a battery sleeve that keeps it from rattling around. A 26650 will fit without a sleeve. No testing yet; waiting on warm weather or my drysuit, whichever arrives first! One thing that’s hard to see in my photo, the charger has a Type C wall plug. Not a hard fix when so many things are starting to standardize batteries nowadays.

Responses out of order, but they should still be legible. I ordered from Jonas Dive and had it in about a week to Virginia. Total to me was about $230.75 including MBE/FedEx shipping. It comes with a flat-top 18650 and a battery sleeve that keeps it from rattling around. A 26650 will fit without a sleeve. No testing yet; waiting on warm weather or my drysuit, whichever arrives first! One thing that’s hard to see in my photo, the charger has a Type C wall plug. Not a hard fix when so many things are starting to standardize batteries nowadays.
Thanks so much for the quick turn, Josh. Love to see a field review if you get the chance anytime soon.

Ordered today from Jonas. Patrycja at Gralmarine says the 18560 has 10 hours of burn and the 26650 double that. Excited to check it out. Thanks for your help.

Ordered today from Jonas. Patrycja at Gralmarine says the 18560 has 10 hours of burn and the 26650 double that. Excited to check it out. Thanks for your help.
That’s what I would have expected, based on the lower capacity 18650 being the as-shipped configuration. Couldn’t prove it, though.

I have one and have used it to mark exit points on shore wall dives. Works very well, difficult to miss.

Burned 9.5 hours on an 18650 which still showed 3.4v (not under load). Safe bet the 10 hour burn is a solid claim. My 26650's are old and crappy but will try on new ones and post result.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom