Gralmarine Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Burned 9.5 hours on an 18650 which still showed 3.4v (not under load). Safe bet the 10 hour burn is a solid claim. My 26650's are old and crappy but will try on new ones and post results
15 hours down to 3.2v on new 5.2 Ah 26650. Obviously 20 hours burn claim not realistic on 5.2 amps. Maybe with 6.2 amp 26650.

15 hours down to 3.2v on new 5.2 Ah 26650. Obviously 20 hours burn claim not realistic on 5.2 amps. Maybe with 6.2 amp 26650.
Doing great work for us!! makes me want one even more!

How tight is the 26650 fit?

Any idea how compares to a light monkey, trojan, or narced@90 strobe in terms of brightness?

Unless the N@90 is upgraded in the last years, the Gralmarine is way brighter. I believe the Trojan is similar to the Gralmarine.

Lightmonkey is 8600 Lumens vs the 3600 Lum of the Gralmarine but the battery is rated for 480 min or 8 hours compared to the 10 or more of the Gralmarine.

I am very happy with the LM all things considered as well.

The LM has one LED positioned centrally while the GM has 3 LEDs positioned in a pyramid. Not sure if it make it more visible or not. Lumen ratings need to be taken with a big grain of salt. Need a side-by-side comparison to truly tell.

Lightmonkey is 8600 Lumens vs the 3600 Lum of the Gralmarine but the battery is rated for 480 min or 8 hours compared to the 10 or more of the Gralmarine.

I am very happy with the LM all things considered as well.
The 10 hour burn time rating on the Gralmarine assumes you use a 2.8Ah 18650-included. It will take a 26650. My Vapcell KS62 6.2 Ah 26650 burned well over 20 hours. My intended use includes LAS so the more burn time the better.

Doing great work for us!! makes me want one even more!

How tight is the 26650 fit?
It is designed to fit a 26650 perfectly, whether it is protected or not. It comes with a removable sleeve to keep the 18650 from rattling around.

It is designed to fit a 26650 perfectly, whether it is protected or not. It comes with a removable sleeve to keep the 18650 from rattling around.
The perfect anser, thats exactly what I wanted to know.

Back
Top Bottom