Grand Cayman question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with Cayman Turtle Divers for 2 years and have nothing but praise for the whole operation. Look them up on Trip Advisor. Great reviews. They come off the public dock at the north end of SMB or the Yacht Club on the other side depending on conditions. I believe they will pick you up anywhere reasonably close. Very accommodating and very pleasant to be with. For most of the dives I went on there we just myself and my girl friend and 2 guys from CTD.

Ocean Frontiers is the quality operator in East End, IMO. There is a new op out that way but have not as yet heard back from any Scubaboarders who have dived with them.

Kittiwake is an OK dive but I personally would never give up a day of East End Diving to dive it.
If you are staying at Morrit's I would dive east every day and not worry about west or Kittiwake. You will have better diving.

Kharon mentioned staying away from Devil's Grotto/Eden Rock. I agree completely unless the Silversides are in.

Kharon mentioned staying away from Devil's Grotto/Eden Rock. I agree completely unless the Silversides are in.
Which is highly likely in July - so then it looks like this:

[video=vimeo;69518760]https://vimeo.com/69518760[/video]

credit to Frans De Backer

I believe there's also a Silversides site on the East End.

Ocean Frontiers is the quality operator in East End, IMO. There is a new op out that way but have not as yet heard back from any Scubaboarders who have dived with them.

Kittiwake is an OK dive but I personally would never give up a day of East End Diving to dive it.
If you are staying at Morrit's I would dive east every day and not worry about west or Kittiwake. You will have better diving.

I've seen the pictures of the Kittiwake and while it doesn't look like much, I still want to do it. I think my wife will enjoy it.
I'm going to check out Ocean Frontiers on TripAdvisor and see how they compare. Looks like they have almost 2x as many reviews and only a few are negative.
But Tortuga's package offers more dives in 5 days than OF... so that might be the deal breaker.

Last edited:
I've seen the pictures of the Kittiwake and while it doesn't look like much, I still want to do it. I think my wife will enjoy it.
I'm going to check out Ocean Frontiers on TripAdvisor and see how they compare. Looks like they have almost 2x as many reviews and only a few are negative.
But Tortuga's package offers more dives in 5 days than OF... so that might be the deal breaker.

I've dived with Ocean Frontiers twice, probably the best operator I've dived with. Dive with guide or on your own with buddy. Dive limited by gas or no deco, no arbitrary time limit. Complete valet service including wash and dry wetsuit. Analyze nitrox in front of you on the boat. They have a great 3-tanker during summer season. They also run a silversides dive July-Sept. I did 23 and 24 dives in 6 days during my two visits, can't do much better than that. Stayed at Compass Point, OF is on site, effortless.

I'm with Doctorfish, would not spend the time driving to West Bay to dive the Kittiwake, diving in the East is way too good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom