Grand Cayman : which is better, East or West Side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I visited Grand Cayman this past December. Stayed at Comfort Suites on 7mile. Hotel was nice and what we expected. Food was great everywhere we ate. Priates buffet on Thurs(?) night was the best buffet I think. It was at the hyatt if I remember correctly. The Westin's $50 Sunday brunch was not as good a deal. And I'm a food and resturant hobbiest critic. Dove 2 days west end. Very unimpressed. Deep dives 80-115 ft. Saw a couple of huge puffers. Weather changed and we dove the south side for 2 days at oriential gardens. WOW, beautiful. Mooring line at 25 ft and you can follow the sand bar to 60 ft so we had 50min dives each time. Spectacular colors and lots more pretty fish. Missed the 6 squid at the mooring line on last dive, @$@#%$#%. Arches you can swim through.

I wish we could have dove the north side because the hammerheads had been sighted in recent days. Would not dive the west end again. Just my personal experience and I can't spell worth a darn and I'm medicated today.

Have fun!

We stayed at Morritt's (east end) several years ago and dove with Ocean Frontiers. The conditions were fine regardless of where we went, and that was in September/October. Ocean Frontiers was a class organization and I would recommend them. Good luck-I don't think you can go wrong...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom