Great Barrier Reef in Dec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We can probably make our decision sometime close to Dec. However, is it possible
to make any reservations on the live-abroad if we do it late? I've heard so many
people saying that they cannot find rooms or live-abroad during the peak season.

Christmas is not our peak season it is the dead season here in Cairns south towasrds the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast Sydney and further South is the peak Season but here in North Queensland it is our off peak time.

Is it because of the rain that Dec is the dead season? Not sure if this is a good
sign ...

Again this last christmas and early this year our wet season did not kick in to well after march/april - it is hot but hotels, restaurants cater for this, if it is raining and you are diving will it really bother you underwater???

We don't mind about the heat. Just worried about the water will get rough if it
rains, cos we get seasick very easily. However, not sure if rain = rough sea?
I saw on some websites saying that Dec is actually not very windy (but some say
it's the monsoon season).

Thanks for your suggestions!

December 2003 my husband and I took a 7 night liveaboard on 'Spirit of Freedom' to Cod Hole and the Coral Seas. It was FANTASTIC! :11ztongue The weather was really great - nice and hot. The boat is really spacious, food was fabulous and the whole experience made diving so easy! We did 3-4 dives each day.
We have both done 100+ dives mostly in the Maldives but really enjoyed ourselves on the boat - in fact we are considering returning next December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom