Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No, but further revisions might change my mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The website looks great, and so do all of the logos! I can't wait to meet you all at Gilboa (assuming my exam schedule agrees with the trip). Also, I love the last logo. I think it is a perfect combination of the two!

The "Website" is updated to reflect Jenny's new logo. Also, I have started the Michigan-Lower Peninsula and Ohio shore dive pages. I expect those to be a work in progress for as long as the site is up, but things are developing. I will try to work on the Lake Huron wrecks over the weekend. It is getting more time-consuming at this point as I will start adding photos at then.

diverbrian:
It is getting more time-consuming at this point as I will start adding photos at then.

Is there anything that others can do to help? Not that I'm necessarily volunteering myself, mind you - but doesn't Ken have lots of free time? :rock_band

reefraff:
Is there anything that others can do to help? Not that I'm necessarily volunteering myself, mind you - but doesn't Ken have lots of free time? :rock_band

If someone would like to forward me with imformation and photos from "their" area of diving, I would greatly appreciate it. Ken was already a great help in merely suggesting that I break out my copy of The Great Lakes Diving Guide as quick reference.

But, I am also trying to add a personal touch to the information about the sites and wrecks. My point is that I would like this site to have the appearance of being written by people who actually DIVE these wrecks and want others to enjoy them as well. That takes up some time on my writing skills. If someone wants to send me some pre-made write-ups on their favorite sites, that would be appreciated. So, yes, I'll take any creative input that I can get.

frankenmuth_tom:
...but I think we should use them BOTH.

The wrecking crew logo with the shipwreck would look GREAT on the back of a tee shirt, where the one I came up with would work better as a smaller logo on a sleeve or breast of that same shirt. I'm really taken by the wreck with the divers on it, and with just a 'little' color added it could be really breathtaking.

I hope you guys don't mind, but I took some liberties with our logo ideas and found someone who would screen print them for us. The screen printing can be rather expensive for the initial set-up but with a quantity order we are looking at about $20.00 a shirt with the two logos with the back printed in 6 colors and the front printed in 5 colors. I have not confirmed if the backgrounds would show as white or be transparent, this becomes an issue if you want either logo on anything but white. We made need to look at changing the lettering to a different color so it would stand out against a dark background.

Saturday before the shipwreck festival I bought some iron on transfer paper and printed our logo and applied it to a long sleeve white shirt. On the front of the shirt I had a dive flag that said crew member and then my scubaboard handle. No disrespect to your design Tom I just ran out of time before I left for Farmington. Big T spotted the shirt during the first presentation that I attended. He was kind enough to introduce himself and let me hang with him and his friends for the rest of the afternoon.

I have provided a link to the shirt design for everyone to see, I think that you can go in and make changes to it like picking different colors of shirts and even differnt styles.

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=johncraig@modempool.com&F=glwclogo1

I would think that everyone will want short sleeves for the summer and long sleeves for the winter stuff. They also have a nice line of wool strech fit hats. I thought that I saw where you could have them do the embroidery. Even if you decide to go with two completely separate shirts with my logo front and back and Tom's logo front and back you will get the idea either art work can be moved around on the shirt or resized.

Now that we can see something like this for ourselves I think that we need to finish on agreement with a couple of issues.

1. Do we adjust Tom's logo slightly, by either shrinking the Great Lakes or enlarging the porthole?

2. Do we use one solid color on the porthole? This silkscreener uses old gold.

3. Do we change the position of the dive flag or type of flag?

4. Do we change the lettering coloring? Something like grey, silver, orange, Yellow?

5. On my logo I could see about moving the divers into the Great Lakes and turn them all black except for a little silver for the tank and mask area?

6. Regardless of which way we decide to go I would like to add the tag line about best freshwater diving anywhere to the bottom of my logo.

By reducing the number of colors to run it would make the shirts cheaper initially, unless we buy a large number of them. I have not given anybody confirmation for this so we can do whatever we need to do to make this happen.

Mitten Diver

...if you want to make some changes to the logo that we came up with. In the PSP document, I can bring the porthole to the top, to cover the little bits of the Great Lakes that are hanging over right now. As for the color, I have no problem using a solid color, if you would like, I'll send you the PSP file and you can make any adjustments. Most printers want the file as a .TIF so they can size without a loss to quality. Just tell me where to send the files, and I'll get them off this evening....

The tee shirt looks GREAT! I'm sure that we'll have plenty people who want them, and should probably make up some extra's for the Gilboa meeting in April...

Mitten Diver:
Big T spotted the shirt during the first presentation that I attended. He was kind enough to introduce himself and let me hang with him and his friends for the rest of the afternoon.
You should all feel sorry for MD having to be exposed to such people for an entire day...I'm surprised he's admitted to meeting me...in all seriousness though the day was a lot of fun.

FWIW, the shirt looked great, but I'd just like to see the logo on the back a bit larger.
1. Do we adjust Tom's logo slightly....
1 - Maybe just a tad to include the whole lakes section in the porthole.
2 - Yeah...1 color for the T shirts
3 - Nah...I kinda like it
4 - Black is best for letters
5 - Leave it alone! It rocks as it is. (but I'd really like to see the B&W version)
6 - Maybe on the front, but not on the back.

Brian asked that i get some pricing from the supplier my company uses for T-shirts ... so we are looking at:

Prices assume logo artwork from screen printer is acceptable
- prices based on a t-shirt qty of 48 minimum
- four color front logo
- four color rear logo
- white or ash colored t-shirts (if ash shirt looks okay with logo)
- other color t-shirts may be more if logo colors need to be changed
- prices do not include shipping (ups ground) or sales tax

- 6.1oz t-shirt, like a hanes beefy tee
$10.00 S-XL, $11.00 XXL, $13.00 XXXL

- 7.0oz pocket t-shirt, heavier than a hanes beefy tee (the shirts we use)
$12.00 S-XL, $14.00 XXL, $16.00 XXXL

He is willing to work with and ship to individuals (after a little arm twisting :wink: ) but will only ship via UPS. Obviously, the more you can bulk ship multiple shirts to one person, like to one person to divvy out at Gilboa, the cheaper the shirts will be.

If you folks want to use this company i will be more than happy to push the deal through but don't want to get into deciding if the logos look okay by myself or nor do i want to get into collecting money.

Honestly, FME, you don't really know how the shirt w/logo is going to look until you get one done. Any suggestions on how to make sure everyone will be happy with the end product?

All i can tell you about this supplier is that we buy 100+ logo shirts/ vests/ coats/ hats, a year from him every year, for the last ten years or so, and we are very happy with him and trust him. If the group is not comfortable with this for any reason, i have no problem using someone else.

Thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom