Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No, but further revisions might change my mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the one Mitten had Jenny design. The first one didn't seem to flow, it seemed more like a cut & paste design, where Jennys' was more like artwork.

I mean no offense. Just an honest art critique on the two works.

We need another poll so we can vote between the two. It might not be cost effective at the print shop to have two designs.

Kat:
I like the one Mitten had Jenny design. The first one didn't seem to flow, it seemed more like a cut & paste design, where Jennys' was more like artwork.

I mean no offense. Just an honest art critique on the two works.

We need another poll so we can vote between the two. It might not be cost effective at the print shop to have two designs.

Gee I'm really sorry you don't like my design. I spent a lot of time on it and thought it was pretty darn good for a first attempt. Where's your design????

As an official logo, I like Tom's more and more. It is artistic yet simple and to the point. It isn't off the wall flashy, but it has style...the only thing is if we're going to get it on a shirt or embroidered on a hat, we'd have to make the porthole 1 color for cost & ease of printing issues. Then we'd have 4 colors...gold, black, blue, & red (I don't think they count white on silk screens) which is about the max for an economical set-up and run. Frnakly Tom, I think your work is "Logo-rific" :D

Mitten's logo being more artistic would be an awesome back of the T-shirt design, b/c we've already got black as a color for the logo.

...I'm considering a couple small points. I need to bring the 'porthole' out over the little edges of the lakes. To change the port hole to a single gold color shouldn't be a big deal either, I'll just have to pull the port hole off the logo and change it to a solid color and place it back on....I think. I'm kind of new at this graphics stuff...

I guess I don't feel that EITHER of the designs are "artwork" in the truest sense, so comments about "artwork" shouldn't be applied to them. There is a difference between artwork and graphics is my mind.

As for Kat, I appologise for my response to your comment. It was petty and you are certainly entitled to an opinion. I guess I don't see that the two logo's that we have here have to be 'mutually exclusive'. I think there is room for both of them in different applications.

frankenmuth_tom:
...I'm considering a couple small points. I need to bring the 'porthole' out over the little edges of the lakes. To change the port hole to a single gold color shouldn't be a big deal either, I'll just have to pull the port hole off the logo and change it to a solid color and place it back on....I think. I'm kind of new at this graphics stuff...
I'm only sayig that the logo would need to be altered to go on a T-shirt...I love the sadowing effects or whatever as is for a website or anything that isn't being silk screened/embroidered....it would almost double the number of stitches and the set-up costs for a run.

Big-t-2538:
I'm only sayig that the logo would need to be altered to go on a T-shirt...I love the sadowing effects or whatever as is for a website or anything that isn't being silk screened/embroidered....it would almost double the number of stitches and the set-up costs for a run.

I'm in complete agreement with you. I'd love to have the logo on a ball cap to wear when I'm diving in Tobermory later this year but need to make a couple small changes to it first. I have another, simpler, port hole I can use, but didn't like it as well. It may be necessary tho' if we are going to reproduce the logo for clothing....

Thanks again for the comments!

Tom,
At this time it would be pointless to submit anything, as it would just bog down the selection process. Although there doesn't seem to be a selection process, as there is no vote & the decision seems to have been made.

I was giving an unbiased opinion & did not mean to offend anyone. I am sorry I hurt your feelings. I appreciate & acknowledge your apology in post 35.

Let us know how it all turns out.

get ten people in the same room and ask them all what they think of the room temperature and you will most likely get ten different opinions ranging from freezing to boiling. LOL!

How about we do this the democratic way?

My vote is for Toms logo. Whats your vote?

Hey folks I did not want anyone's feelings to get hurt. I guess at this point it might be best if I withdraw my submission for the logo contest. I like Tom's idea and will support it as our logo.

If I were to decide to take my submission and remove the club name would I be able to utilize this design as artwork (graphics) for a separate project?

Mitten Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom