Great white shark attack south africa footage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tresj2

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently 15 people have seen an old lady get taken by a great white this morning near the beach in Capetown south Africa :11: . The Great white was said to be 6 metres long!!! Has anyone seen pictures of this?

By the way, found another website that might come in handy for divers to check marinelife on locations: www.divestart.com .

Cheers,
Tresj2

Tresj2:
Apparently 15 people have seen an old lady get taken by a great white this morning near the beach in Capetown south Africa :11: . The Great white was said to be 6 metres long!!! Has anyone seen pictures of this?

By the way, found another website that might come in handy for divers to check marinelife on locations: www.divestart.com .
I was in So Africa in Mar. Went "shark diving" there. A 6 meter shark hit the cage a few inches from my snout. Dented the 1/2" bars and shook the boat. I can see how just the force of its forward momentum could kill, not to mention the teeth. John

Tresj2:
The Great white was said to be 6 metres long!!!
Cheers,
Tresj2

Yikes!! That's a big fish. Just imagine going through something like that. Utterly terrifying to say the least.

ShoalDiverSA:
Now it's a "Rogue Shark"

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1622167,00.html

Rogue...as in the carnivorous type (not the other type).

Let's kill all the sharks. Once that is done, I vote for mosquitoes next.

Oh, well.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hope you are not serious with that remark, people have tried that solution before and almost made animal species extinct as a result of their ignorance. We have to remember that the ocean don't belong to us, and that we are merely visitors. I don't see anyone running around in white speedo's in the Kruger National Park, where all the lions are........same thing. As GW numbers increase we will have more attacks, especially in Capetown, where the GW hunting technique's differs from anywhere else in the world. I think we can gain more knowledge tagging these animals, and if one insists on hanging around close to humans, take it out. For a long time we've known that False Bay is home to a lot of GW's, with very few attacks on humans( and no shark nets). Lately, theres been a lot of shark dives (cages) where these GW are fed, with humans in the cage. How long do you guys think it's gonna take for the sharks to make the connection.............

Hoop net die maaitjies besluit nie om so kak idee uit te voer nie.

Thousands of bathers in the water everyday, a handful of attacks a year yet is the sharks fault? We are in their domain and as such must accept the risks. Glad to see you pointing out the "running around the kruger park" scenario ShakaZulu, when I have mentioned that to people calling for nets, killing the sharks etc they all go "Of course we wouldnt do that"

What makes being in the ocean so different?

ShakaZulu:
Hope you are not serious with that remark, people have tried that solution before and almost made animal species extinct as a result of their ignorance....

No, I was not.

I am just as gatvol with the hysteria that surrounds these incidents. We are uninvited guests in the ocean and our rights in the ocean match this status, i.e. we have none.

Cheers,

Andrew

Personally I believe when they tag sharks they should attach huge bells along with the tag (sort of like a bell on a cats collar) so that way when I am swimming it up off Strand during my holiday I can hear if the big shark is swimming near by. :wink:

By on a serious note: I am all for hunting out mosquitoes, cause heaven help the one, that bit me on my foot last night, if I find him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom