Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy Neighbor, I live on klosterman on the tarpon side. You have two options within a couple miles.

closer neighbors than you think..... one block off Klosterman on the Palm Harbor side....

She will be watching you now Echoo. :wink::popcorn:

Yeah their just as proud of their stuff in Tampa too..

Its been soooooo long since Ive been here, near water, or on the water Id hate too even ask what did I miss. :D

Where have you been? You forgot to let us know you'd be gone, you know? :) What did you miss; lots of sharks this year (well more than I usually see in a given season), more turtles than I usually see, spotted eagle rays living out at The Sheridan/Blackthorn, and quite a bit of spearing.

mcgowman - how was Blue Heron Bridge? Take any piccers? Try to send anyone to the top? :wink:

Blue Heron was cool, well worth the trip. Somewhat reminded me of the town pier in Bonaire. Lots of critters in a small place: midnight parrot fish, snook, arrow crabs, banded coral shrimp, juvenile spotted moray eels, lobster, sharptail eel, high hat, and a juvenile (queen?) angelfish.

Dove it with DebbyDiver from down south. She made a great buddy. She took the pics, but haven't seen any results yet.

I stayed an extra day and did a double dip with Capt. Todd on the American Dream II down in Fort Lauderdale. We did the Mercedes and a couple of reefs. I forgot how big that wreck is. There was a mondo GG hanging about 50ft south of the wreck. He must have been 300+ lbs.

Managed to scoop up 5 lobster, but 3 keepers got away. There were plenty bugs for the picking. Think it was a good trip because:
- First good weather day in about a 5 days (had been 3 to 5 foot seas), so nobody had been hitting the reefs for a few days.
- Late in summer, so most of the females have dropped their eggs.
I was really surprised that all the bugs were in great shape... i.e. no broken antenna or missing legs (Well there is one cripple now... it dropped a couple of limbs getting away from me :shocked2: )

Oh, Miss D,

Next time you go anchor hunting let me know... I have a real lift bag now.

Got tired of my puny safety sausage falling out of the pocket on my backplate.

Even managed to use it on Saturday.

Oh, Miss D,

Next time you go anchor hunting let me know... I have a real lift bag now.

Got tired of my puny safety sausage falling out of the pocket on my backplate.

Even managed to use it on Saturday.

:thumbs-up

DebbyDiver rocks. She mentioned she dived with you. Maybe we should :poke: her for the pics? I'll go bug her.

btw has anyone looked at the amazing forecast for the rest of the week :yeahbaby:

This Afternoon...Southwest winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.

Tonight...East winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Slight chance of showers after midnight.

Thursday...East winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of thunderstorms through the day.

Thursday Night...East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening.

Friday...East winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of thunderstorms through the day.

Friday Night...East winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Saturday...East winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of thunderstorms.

I like East winds :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom