Greetings from Malaysia :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the warm welcome guys :)

DrBill, you definitely have to come back here to dive, especially sites at Sabah...heaven man :)

Mleong, I'm from kelana area, not too far from asunta..hehe

FishnChips...geee ur nick makes me hungry....Tioman was my first place during OW :D
Nice place but the viz was not too good when I was there :(

Yeah, Tioman was also my favourite place. Close enough for a weekend trip.

Hey fishnchips, are you working or studying there in California? I was in Denver for quite a while during my school and working years.

Dolphinsss, just courious, who is your instuctor and which dive center did you got your OW from? My instrucot was Aarom Kwok ( not the Hong Kong one) and dive center at Tioman was Scuba Point.

mleong

dolphinsss:
FishnChips...geee ur nick makes me hungry....Tioman was my first place during OW :D
Nice place but the viz was not too good when I was there :(

Hungry? OK, your next fishnCHips dinner's on me. :wink:

Give Tioman a few more chances, you will be seduced by it's charm and "charisma"! I plan to go back to Tioman for a visit when the monsoon season's over.

mleong:

Hey fishnchips, are you working or studying there in California? I was in Denver for quite a while during my school and working years.

mleong

I am working here in Silicon Valley, actually started a new business a few months ago. I came to US for college a few years back. So you eventually left Denver and went back to M'sia?

mleong:

Dolphinsss, just courious, who is your instuctor and which dive center did you got your OW from? My instrucot was Aarom Kwok ( not the Hong Kong one) and dive center at Tioman was Scuba Point.

mleong

I did my OW from Sealantis, the instructor is Lim, can't recall his fullname, anyway I had another instructor when I was at Tioman, a japanese lady, very fun loving lady :crafty:

I have heard that development is going to affect Tioman diving soon. For those Malaysians reading this thread, how much of a problem will this be in the future? It is one area I considered diving three years ago and also when I return.

Enjoyed my brief time in K.L. Ran into a number of nice, helpful folks there.

Dr. Bill

fishnchips:
I am working here in Silicon Valley, actually started a new business a few months ago. I came to US for college a few years back. So you eventually left Denver and went back to M'sia?

Yeap, left Denver and back here for good. That was 8 years ago. So what kind of business are you in?

dolphinsss:
I did my OW from Sealantis, the instructor is Lim, can't recall his fullname, anyway I had another instructor when I was at Tioman, a japanese lady, very fun loving lady :crafty:

OK. The shop at 1 Utama. Now Sealantis moved to a new location at the new wing. The original place is now occupied by Global Scuba. So do you dive often? Planning to further your certification?

drbill:
I have heard that development is going to affect Tioman diving soon. For those Malaysians reading this thread, how much of a problem will this be in the future? It is one area I considered diving three years ago and also when I return.

Enjoyed my brief time in K.L. Ran into a number of nice, helpful folks there.

Dr. Bill

Hey Doc, The development is on hold for now. If you are coming, drop me a email at onn36@yahoo.com. Can have a chance to meet up.

micahel

mleong:
Yeap, left Denver and back here for good. That was 8 years ago. So what kind of business are you in?

Printed Circuit Board. Fab in Asia, import to US.

Mleong, Dolphinsss, I am planning to visit Tioman sometime after the monsoon season, probably in April next year. Perhaps we can plan a dive trip together. Dr. Bill is invited as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom