Greetings from Malaysia :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Night diving is fun. If you need a torch and do not want to spend a lot on it, go get it from Parkson, Sg Wang. I bough 1 there for Rm 27.00.

Dolphinsss,

I’m coming back for Chinese New year, staying for 2-3 weeks. It’s still monsoon season so Tioman is out. But I really want to catch some Warm H2O dives…… Is Langkawi a possibility?

There is an island north of Penang-Pulau Song Song/Coral Island. I have been there a few times freedive/snorkeling is great. Have you heard of any scuba diving activities there?

Mleang, the price for a dive light is great. I’ll definitely stop by Sg Wang to check it out.

fishnchips:
Dolphinsss,

I’m coming back for Chinese New year, staying for 2-3 weeks. It’s still monsoon season so Tioman is out. But I really want to catch some Warm H2O dives…… Is Langkawi a possibility?

I dived in Langkawi once and that would be my last.I had bad experience with the operator there. The organiser was full of ****! What happened was we were just certified OW at that time and just logged a few dives.They were underestimate us since we were certified from Perhentian Islands instead of their dive centre. How stupid does it sound? Then one thing drag to another..from equipments to size of fins(which they don't have our size but was promised we would have earlier)...wetsuits..and the lists goes on.Depends on the season..the viz wasn't that impressive. Not as many fish and corals to see.If i remember correctly, any tour booked in Langkawi will take you to this one dive centre on this particular island (Pulau Payar)at the end of the day. I dont remember seeing any other dive shop.

anemone:
fishnchips:
Dolphinsss,
I dived in Langkawi once and that would be my last.I had bad experience with the operator there. The organiser was full of ****! What happened was we were just certified OW at that time and just logged a few dives.They were underestimate us since we were certified from Perhentian Islands instead of their dive centre. How stupid does it sound? Then one thing drag to another..from equipments to size of fins(which they don't have our size but was promised we would have earlier)...wetsuits..and the lists goes on.Depends on the season..the viz wasn't that impressive. Not as many fish and corals to see.If i remember correctly, any tour booked in Langkawi will take you to this one dive centre on this particular island (Pulau Payar)at the end of the day. I dont remember seeing any other dive shop.

So how's Dubai? Got paid to live there?! That's great! Sorry to hear your bad experience at Langkawi. I dived ther a few times. The first time I got a private dive guide. Don't know why but I was assigned a private dive guide to go to better dive site instead of the "production line"... I did request dive site info and requested to dive only recommended dive site.

We also arranged with the non main stream dive operator there and had private dive guide that rent tank from the main dive operator there but we went to some less "touristy dive site" on private "sampan". It was really cool. Instructor C-card definitely help though. Don't give up on Langkawi, it could be fun.

Hi to fishnchips and all,
Saw a newspaper ad on Friday. Found this place along Jalan University (opposite University Hospital, just b4 the traffic light)call Divers's Den. They gave some good prices on dive gear and they have a pool beside it. The same dive light that I bought, they have it for RM 20.00. There are some Akona dive bags too, BARE dive suits and all. Check it out.
You have to come from Jalan Gasing towards University.

fishnchips:
Dolphinsss,

There is an island north of Penang-Pulau Song Song/Coral Island. I have been there a few times freedive/snorkeling is great. Have you heard of any scuba diving activities there?

Mleang, the price for a dive light is great. I’ll definitely stop by Sg Wang to check it out.

Yo FishnChip,
I've know someone who is arranging a trip to Mataking (sabah) on the 14th to 19th Jan, if you are interested I can get you the contact number :) I did heard of Pulau Song Song before, wanted to go there for snorkel when I was back home but didn't make it, I've seen the brochure on this island before, if not mistaken they do provide scuba diving activities there.

Guys...may I ask, is Langkawi really a place for diving ah? All this while I thought, "oh man, out of so many places do you have to dive at Langkawi?" Myself actually come from Alor Star (Kedah) but I've never think about go diving at Langkawi...is this a misconception? If its really a nice place, perhaps I can join you there since I'll be back up north :D

Great mleong, will check out the torch before my next dive trip, thanks buddy :wink:

dolphinsss:
Hello Fellow Divers :) Its good to be here, I'm a new diver started 2 years ago, looking forward to make new friends and learn more about this fantastic hobby here :wink:
Hi im tony from kl damansara just picked up diving few months ago looking forward to meet new friends on diving sports and learn more about sea activities mayb we could meet up n have teh tarik sometime

Back
Top Bottom