Gross, disgusting behaviour on the boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EVERYBODY Pees in there wetsuit, right? Yes.
Pooped in mine one time, wore it the whole way home so as not to disgust anyone like MMM,:D

Any time I get a cold I will see some blood eventually even with no violent sneezing. Any time I am in a dry climate I get nose bleeds. I don't see much if any blood after diving. Point is that some folks get a nose bleed easy.

Personally if I had some blood after a dive I would reexamine how I was diving and probably get it checked out to make sure I was not damaging something.

What's with you guys and the blood in your snot?

Well you go off somewhere that one flight leg is a 13 hour dry air fight cabin get a little stuffy and have a "sensitive, i.e. close surface nasal blood vessel" you are bound to have a bit of blood in the mask with the usual snot. No big deal I usually dive 4 times a day when on vacation and I'm not stopping just because I got a little blood in the mask.

I've got a pretty strong stomach and nobody has ever accused me of being a "Priss". I have worked as a paramedic and dealt with virtually every body secretion known to man. I have happily consumed my meal while the person sitting next to me on the plane was filling their airsick bag. I did ask politely if it would bother them if I ate beside them. People two rows around were turning green and unable to eat but hey... I was hungry!

Snot grosses me out! It amazes me that some people.. usually men view the stuff like it was gold and take pride in the amount they can project and the methods thereof:shocked:

Yes there are pressures in diving that ensure these secretions have to be dealt with. I don't think it is that difficult to have a look around before deciding how and where to eject it. IMHO There is no justification to dispose of the potentially infectious stuff in the inconsiderate and rude manner described in the OP.

Wow hitting two of my pet peeves in one thread. People don't have a choice ... they will have secretions. Smoking is however a choice. If someone has acquired this particular addiction and need to get their fix they owe it to the rest of us to do so in a manner that doesn't impact our lungs and diving!

Last edited:
SUPERLYTE27 said:
"At any rate, if you don't like the company on the boat.... get your own boat. While I would definitely not aim for you, you can bet guys aren't going to change 20 year old habits for you. MAYBE temporarily if you were smokin' hot. If you're ugly, deal with snot rockets."

My observation:

How sad.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom