GUE Tech 1 book and DIRF book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What would life be like if every thing and every one was the same? Why does dive gear have to be all black? Why cant it be all bright neon hot pink? That is just plain mean putting a little kitty cat in a bag!!!! I think I made a point but then Im not sure what it was, or do I? Did I just tell you about myself, Im not sure? Hitler didnt wont any one thinking for thereself and he also was interested in the greater good of his country, Im glad we didnt fall in with cultish way. If a horse could talk what would he say, "Why are you leading me to water when I have a water in my stall. Horsepuckey? Hitler also had all the books burned that tried to teach new things "The greater good" Witches in there black masses. Slavo!!! duck, incoming!!!!!! well you got one thing right "mental" I just need to indulge myself.

HEY BUT WHAT DO I KNOW

With All Do Respect.
Jeff

roguediver once bubbled...
What would life be like if every thing and every one was the same? Why does dive gear have to be all black? Why cant it be all bright neon hot pink? That is just plain mean putting a little kitty cat in a bag!!!! I think I made a point but then Im not sure what it was, or do I? Did I just tell you about myself, Im not sure? Hitler didnt wont any one thinking for thereself and he also was interested in the greater good of his country, Im glad we didnt fall in with cultish way. If a horse could talk what would he say, "Why are you leading me to water when I have a water in my stall. Horsepuckey? Hitler also had all the books burned that tried to teach new things "The greater good" Witches in there black masses. Slavo!!! duck, incoming!!!!!! well you got one thing right "mental" I just need to indulge myself.

HEY BUT WHAT DO I KNOW

With All Do Respect.
Jeff

Care to change your nickname to roguesmoker?

Take a deep breath there Detroit diver it was a joke and sorry about the grammer I didnt think this was an English class talk board.:mgun:

MechDiver once bubbled...

Really? According to George you are not allowed to think, as that promotes "diversity".

I am far from anti-DIR. I AM far from the DIR attitude that you show in your quote above. Exactly the point I made to Pug.

Phil

George tells people to do things a certain way because they DO NOT think about their gear and how to configure it. Diversity would not be a good thing if you were a mile into a cave.

Getting back to the original thread, the other book GUE touts, Doing it Right: the fundementals of better diving, is definately intended for the beginner diver. If you have been diving for a while and know the basic idea about DIR dont bother wasting your money on this book. It would be pretty good for someone who just got certified though.

Also about 40% of it is in the Tech 1 manual, and it is basically a catalog for Halcyon; go figure.

To head off most of the responses this will generate:
I do not think that you can learn solely by reading.
I have not taken DIRF.
I am not judging that class.
I am solely commenting on the book, and warning others against needlessly wasting their money.

cadet diver once bubbled...
I am solely commenting on the book, and warning others against needlessly wasting their money.
prove it.... add book to the subject line of your first post.

Getting back to the original thread, the other book GUE touts, Doing it Right: the fundementals of better diving, is definately intended for the beginner diver. If you have been diving for a while and know the basic idea about DIR dont bother wasting your money on this book. It would be pretty good for someone who just got certified though.

Also about 40% of it is in the Tech 1 manual, and it is basically a catalog for Halcyon; go figure.

To head off most of the responses this will generate:
I do not think that you can learn solely by reading.
I have not taken DIRF.
I am not judging that class.

Most of the things you read about DIR on the internet are garbage from people that think they know DIR without reading AND taking the class. You're doing everyone a disservice because you've never taken the class. The book is a supplement and not intended as a class by itself. And for those that "think" they know DIR, most of them will be way off. When I'm diving at a quarry, or shopping at my local LDS, I listen to people talk about DIR as if they're one of the instructors. Not one of them has any clue what it is about. Not one, unless they've walked the walk. And you haven't done that.

I wish I hadn't wasted $14.94 on the GUE tech 1 book. I mean, if only you would have warned us earlier I wouldn't have spent a whole $14.94 on the book. $14.94, $14.94, what am I going to do without my $14.94. I rely on experts like yourself to hold my hand and not let me get ripped off for my $14.94. I guess my only hope is when you write you book of infinite wisdom, your not going to rip me off for $14.94.:)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom