Guess who's a newbie TRIMIX diver?!? (and sorta Lake Travis report of 8/13)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well since we are on the subject. In all honesty how is a dry suit going to help in a complete wing failure with some heavy steel doubles, deco tanks and what ever else.

Both my trilam and my crushed neoprene suits can make me positive with 2 108s, 2 al80s and an al40. But I won't dive wet with just my 108s and no other tanks because my wing barely keeps my neutral until about 1/2 way into the dive.

My wife dives 2 steels and double stages wet, but she also carries a lift bag for redundancy...in caves...

Well, then, come on down to Travis again and let's go diving. What you need now is experience...and I can't think of anything more fun that gaining experience tech diving...well there is one other thing but that would be for a different type of forum altogether. :wink:

Amen to that. No matter how good you are, you can use more practice. Those that know they are good, know it because they practice.:14:

See ... it's these kinda off the wall threads that, when people start tossing things around, we newbs learn some stuff from. I just got my halcyon mani's in and rigged up two of my al80's, but I was worried about the pos buoyancy 'till this thread validated other stuff I'd heard. These threads help out more than people realize. Lurkers are learning free of charge.

Well, I'm of to the Dominican Republic on Saturday to dive with a fairly notorious diver - back in 8 days with a report - and a signed book.

D.

Cool...I can't wait to hear more about the trip and who this notorious, author/diver is. :wink:
Well, I'm of to the Dominican Republic on Saturday to dive with a fairly notorious diver - back in 8 days with a report - and a signed book.

D.

... Deploy it, put a small puff of air in to stand it up, then slip your arm through the straps until they are around your upper arm.

You mean, like this??
crystalclear_2016_24834659.gif

Sorry... couldn't resist... :10:

WELL, I'm back -

8 days of diving with, learning from, and having breakfast, lunch, and dinner with John Chatterton.

Gustav screwed up the diving for a majority of the trip (rained out, high winds, bad vis), but got in some great technical training and experience from one of the best.

Will be posting a short trip report along with a selection of pics soon. Just have to go through my 500 work emails and get caught up first!

D.

Cool...I can't wait to hear more about the trip and who this notorious, author/diver is. :wink:

Nice.... hope you made the most of the opportunity! Doesn't look like that area is going to get a break from the hurricane gauntlet any time soon.

WELL, I'm back -

8 days of diving with, learning from, and having breakfast, lunch, and dinner with John Chatterton.

Gustav screwed up the diving for a majority of the trip (rained out, high winds, bad vis), but got in some great technical training and experience from one of the best.

Will be posting a short trip report along with a selection of pics soon. Just have to go through my 500 work emails and get caught up first!

D.

:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom