Gulf Diving: What mm suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I toss the 3mm and a hoodvest for the 55F water at the bottom of ABWA. 3mm is usually enough for the springs, less there is cold surface temps. :D

I refuse to buy anything thicker.

Geeeezzzzzz, I dive my dry suit in my hot tub !!!!

The K-old Fearing Kraken

SuPrBuGmAn:
I toss the 3mm and a hoodvest for the 55F water at the bottom of ABWA. 3mm is usually enough for the springs, less there is cold surface temps. :D

I refuse to buy anything thicker.

"That boy's just like a tattoo...gets under your skin."

A 3 mm works great in January if you have thermos full of hot water to pour down your wet suit..........lol

The Kraken:
Pay no attention to that troll/Hobbit behind the curtain !!!
He wears a 3mm shortie in the springs in January !!! :D

the K

Doesn't everybody?

Wear a shorty - 28 bucks at Academy Sports. If your worried about jellyfish 38 bucks for the full length one piece.

Lakeshore Drive in B'ham. Look near the wakeboard/ski supplies, they're hanging right next to the Body Glove ones that go for 3 times as much and probably came out of the same factory. I'm sure any Academy stock the same ones. If you can wait till about October they'll proabably be on clearance for 40% off.

A full 3mm suit. It'll protect you from scraps and whatnot. If you get hot, you can always flood it a little. If you plan on doing repetitive dives, you get a little colder than you will just doing one or two in a day. Then again, anything below 80 and I'm diving dry.

Back
Top Bottom