Had my last dive ever today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....my computer showing a water temp of 37 F ...

I used to be the guy who made fun of drysuit divers for being wimps while I was still diving wet in cold temperatures, but after today I have finally been converted.

Just for the record, when I said I made fun of drysuit divers it was all in jest. Most of my buddies around here dive dry.

I can't imagine why? :wink:

BTW, welcome to drysuit diving.:D

I couldn't even imagine being in water that cold with out a drysuit.
That just seems insane. I wanted a drysuit for diving in the VA quarries, and that water is around 43-55 depending on the time of year.
Best of luck to you in your new suit. Don't be alarmed if you get damp -- it is normal from condensation.

Geez... I was getting kinda chilly after my second dry dive in 37f water. I can't imagine what it would be like to be REALLY wet! My suit is the nex gen pro dry... It is nothing fancy, but it does the job. I had one small leak in the leg, but I think it was due to a zebra mussel cut. You definately want to go with the built in boots enstead of the neoprene socks. I ended up having to get rock boots and a new set of fins to fit over my rock boots. However, I do love my new Jet fins.

I know the feeling. I have dove wet in water down to 42 in a 7mm full not farmers. Now I have entered the world of drysuit diving. Actually dive first drysuit dive this past Saturday and it was great!

The only downside was when we came up it was raining. I complained of the rain and one other diver (wetsuit) said what is the deal your wet. I corrected and said no I am dry, I will be wet when take off drysuit in the rain. I was wet cause I wasnt thinking and put all my clothes in my truck EXCEPT my jeans. They were layin in the bed damp from the rain. At least it was a light rain....LOL!!

Greetings jjhill and you are a tough cookie holding out as long as you did! I can handle some pretty cold water 40 degrees diving wet. Last April 08 I assisted with a AOW and to help the student feel better dove wet. It was the turning point as you experienced, I still love diving wet in the summer and fall, but when I can wear my DS with under garments and not sweat to much, it is on.
I whole heartily agree with the previous poster, get pockets and a pee - valve immediately. I waited on the pee - valve but it was a mistake. If you are going to dive dry in a cold environment no use to do so half way. Do not listen to the diaper argument check out my post on the advanced forum pee valve vs. depends .
You are going to be amazed how much more enjoyable diving is going to become.
Do not be discouraged early on diving dry it can be challenging and very different at first. Every dive gets better and before long you will be diving your suit by reflex.
Enjoy JJ keep us posted on your progress. Now your dive season will be endless and many more times comfortable.
Cam G Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Back
Top Bottom