Halcyon Eclipse and DSS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Do what you like, and either rig will be great, but you'll save some money and have a great system with the full DSS rig and you will NEVER notice a disadvantage to the horseshoe design, especially with your current dive experience. It's just a non-issue, frankly.

As far as the flatness of the plate and the Oxy wing, you are WAY overthinking the thing, my friend. The Oxy wing will work fine with a DSS plate. You'll love it no matter how you go. Don't get lost in the sauce.
Thanks for taking the time to straighten me out, Humuhumunukunukuapua'a. I think I was overanalyzing because my shorts were in a knot. You're a good fella!

I've personally tried a halcyon pioneer in OW, and loved it. Like the others have already mentioned dont forget about other non-H products like Oxychecq, golem, etc etc. Price will be dramatically cheaper, but if money is no bounds then get the rig you feel most comfortable with. Cant wait for Tuesday to roll around, getting my eclispe and taking it too the pool for a quick spin

Sorry, I did not read all post. Just want to add my bit. I love my halcyon eclipse EXCEPT the low pressure inflator was recalled and I had mine replaced. I am still having issues. I dive with it disconected and use the oral inflater. Substandard at best. I hear it is a tool and die (?) problem with the stainless parts. Other than that significant problem, I love it for trim and comfort.

catherine96821:
I love my halcyon eclipse EXCEPT the low pressure inflator was recalled and I had mine replaced. I am still having issues. I dive with it disconected and use the oral inflater. Substandard at best. I hear it is a tool and die (?) problem with the stainless parts. Other than that significant problem, I love it for trim and comfort.

Why not just replace the inflator with a generic hose with a plastic inflator. Aren't the inflators pretty much made by the same company anyway?

I love my DSS singles rig (Hog harness). Tobin has a great product, and I can't wait to order the doubles wing for it when I get back to the States next week.

Stephen Ash:
Mark,

Here's my suggestion...

Get Tobin's complete SS plate/30# wing/ hog harness. You'll love it! Order one today and be done with it.

If you want something a little more traditional, then you would be wise to at least consider Oxycheq, Agir or Golem before ordering that Eclipse.

Well....got my rig this week and am really looking forward to some pool time and getting comfortable with it. I am impressed by the compact size, construction and simplicity of this rig. A+ Tobin! Does anyone have any pics in their rig with the pro-fit harness? Looks like I may spend a few dives experimenting.....Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on this post. You can't go wrong with Tobin and DSS.

Back
Top Bottom