Halcyon Fit and Comfort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WJL:
Bob, I'm with you on this one. You can get softer or stiffer webbing material from many sources to suit your preferences.

I object to the little blue Hs on the webbing material on the new harnesses from Halcyon. If I bought a Halcyon harness, I would pay extra for webbing without the Hs. I don't like wearing a free advertisement for a company's products. That's one just my pet peeves.

Start from the top of your head and go to the tip of your toes and start removing every logo from every piece of gear you have then. If you're fully rigged then your back up lights should cover most of the "H's" anyway. The H's look cool. There I said it. :)

Anyone who tells me me that the H's look lame will get the all mighty round house kick (with the Scuba Pro Jet Fins lightning bolt Logo..or "free advertisment") to the melon. "Object to this.....Ieee Ya!" :)

PS - WJL one more thing. On your profile picture you have a HUGE Diving Concepts Logo on your Dry Suit...Better have it removed quick!!!!! :)

Also your hood logo and your Apeks Reg logo.

The Hs harness make people look like their wearing trendy suspenders

DennisS:
The Hs harness make people look like their wearing trendy suspenders

Yea don't be a conformist and wear the H webbing be a non comfomist and wear what everyone wears!

That's irony.

I'm sure JJ and the rest of the folks at Halcyon were thinking..."Hey let's make something trendy!"

C'mon

who cares about the H's? I figure as long as the stuff works.

CALI68:
Start from the top of your head and go to the tip of your toes and start removing every logo from every piece of gear you have then. If you're fully rigged then your back up lights should cover most of the "H's" anyway. The H's look cool. There I said it. :)

Anyone who tells me me that the H's look lame will get the all mighty round house kick (with the Scuba Pro Jet Fins lightning bolt Logo..or "free advertisment") to the melon. "Object to this.....Ieee Ya!" :)

PS - WJL one more thing. On your profile picture you have a HUGE Diving Concepts Logo on your Dry Suit...Better have it removed quick!!!!! :)

Also your hood logo and your Apeks Reg logo.
Hey, I never claimed to be a purist, or even consistent. I figure there's only so much I can do about logos and patches on my stuff. But I can avoid the Hs on the webbing. Anyways, pet peeves are like neuroses, they don't have to make sense.

WJL:
Hey, I never claimed to be a purist, or even consistent. I figure there's only so much I can do about logos and patches on my stuff. But I can avoid the Hs on the webbing. Anyways, pet peeves are like neuroses, they don't have to make sense.

Nice! Good point. :)

CALI68:
Exactally! The webbing is more suple and it has a built in grommit so it makes the whole webbing process easier. The Halcyon Webbing is $16 C'mon that's not gonna kill you Bob.

It's better Webbing. Period.

Well ... I was on a boat full of DIR divers this week-end ... and the conclusion is that the "H" webbing isn't any different than the stuff I use.

FWIW - one of my harnesses came from FredT, one came from Oxycheq, and one came from the bulk roll at the local dive shop.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Well ... I was on a boat full of DIR divers this week-end ... and the conclusion is that the "H" webbing isn't any different than the stuff I use.

FWIW - one of my harnesses came from FredT, one came from Oxycheq, and one came from the bulk roll at the local dive shop.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't know about this. I have an Oxycheq harness, my son has the old Halcyon without the "H"s and my wife has the blue "H"s. The blue "H" webbing definitely seems a lot softer to me. The Oxycheq and the old Halcyon webbing seem the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom