Halloween looong weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys,
Im doing a Rescue class with Shugar on this long weekend at Balai. We have room for 2 more students to join us. Give me PM if anyone is interested :)

Axua:
Guys,
Im doing a Rescue class with Shugar on this long weekend at Balai. We have room for 2 more students to join us. Give me PM if anyone is interested :)

pm me you rates, im suppose to take the rescue with iantd tho

shugar:
sabay na tayo! bring monique, vince and reg na rin it'll be a blast!

Jag

padi ba to? i wanted kasi iantd i like their real life situations: they will do: drowning diver kicking and punching you, they will enact a diver who will wrestle your reg underwater. panicked diver with knife, dummy diver shooting up to the surface while strapped to your bc.

yung sa padi kasi is always the unconcious diver which is never the case in real life

shugar:
panicked diver WITH KNIFE!?!?!

talk about looking for a real good reason NOT to conduct a rescue hahahahahahaha

either way, i'm no expert on the curriculum, we can ask axua if its possible

Jag

the diver will be holding a piece of plastic mimicking a knife and will try to slash, stab poke you. this could happen when narced diver is out of air, its happend many times. the curicullum of iantd depending on intructor will prepare you for worst case scenarious.

There are actually a lot of other scenarios that is practiced on the PADI Rescue course aside from the unconscious diver at the surface. Almost similar to IANTD in concept (panic diver, unresponsive diver, unconscious diver, etc..), however how it is portrayed is probably more subtle than the knife-wielding, regulator-grabbing diver.

That is however an interesting training by IANTD.

I think I kinda understand why IANTD does this drills. They train for caves and wrecks and an OOA situation in an overhead environment would probably drive someone to grab someone's reg or pull out his knife and stab someone or do other "combat" manuevers as a desperate measure for air. But I think in open water, instinct would be to shoot up as the last desperate measure.

Axua:
I think I kinda understand why IANTD does this drills. They train for caves and wrecks and an OOA situation in an overhead environment would probably drive someone to grab someone's reg or pull out his knife and stab someone or do other "combat" manuevers as a desperate measure for air. But I think in open water, instinct would be to shoot up as the last desperate measure.

this is in fact the reason bro. when in an overhead environ running out of air, basic instinct for survival kicks in a diver will do anything to survive..

Back
Top Bottom