Halycon Pioneer Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am diving AL 80 currently, I don't see steels in the near future. I have an AL plate with p-weight that equals 4lb together. Until I can decide on an integrated system I will probably go with a belt for the other weight.
The wing will be without an STA if it feels comfortable.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

But Shane sold a $500 weight belt for $400 and left me to finish making it... so I've been out pouring lead!

Please explain THAT one????:D

Shane told another geoduck diver that he would sell him a weight belt for $400 like the one we made for Shane. They cost $500 at the commercial dive shop.

Only problem is Shane left this morning and so I had to finish the belt. Fortunately he had already made the harness and belt but that still left pouring the weights.

Shane had made a new mold that he assured me was an improvement over the one I had made as it had studs to form the mounting holes... well it didn't work... the lead wouldn't come out of the mold once it was poured.

So I had to go back to my mold which works just fine... but now I have to drill and counter sink holes for the mounting bolts.

Each weight is 8#s and the belt will have nine of them. The weights are bolted on with special hardware to the belt which is basically conveyor belting that has a harness for support.

I would have included a picture of the finished belt but Shane took it home with him... so here is the best I can do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom