Hand signal question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On Aircraft Carriers, this sign means open Flaps :)

In Diving... well, it could mean "did you see my clams?" or "I saw a fish yea big?"

:mean:

And much better IMO.

Wendy once bubbled...

That's not the sign we use for question. We make a sign that looks like a question mark with our index finger (kinda hook shaped).

you florida dorks.....try doing that with 5 mil mittens and having your buddy understand it....when I have a question I do the hand thing, and I tilt my head sideways....easier to get the point across.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

you florida dorks.....try doing that with 5 mil mittens and having your buddy understand it....when I have a question I do the hand thing, and I tilt my head sideways....easier to get the point across.

You calling me a dork?

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

Works great with my 7mm gloves. Not only that but I can use my hands and they're still warm 'n' toasty.

Cornfed

yeah, it works with gloves, but not mittens....and with gloves, it isn't near a clear without them

And Wendy...I'm just jealous that you guys dives without any exposure protection (comparatively) and I have to be all neoprened up...or dry-suited, but I don;t have one of those yet.

Good hand signals should only involve one hand, leaving the other free to handle tasks.

Which is why the "boat" signal in my circle has evolved to a one-handed palm up and cupped.

Preceeded by the index finger bent like a question mark (as Wendy mentioned) it means "Where's the boat?" or, more accurately, "I haven't been paying attention" :)

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom