Hand tool shortage in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, this has been very informative. Thank you.

The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint.

And most of us, I think, have met some really nice TSA folks, and some total a** h***s
Those a**h***s are everywhere not just exclusively in USA.

I am I do not need to travel with my canister light any more!
Alkaline battery and only in checked bag.

I had a cork screw confiscated once because it had a 3/4" blade for cutting the foil on the wine bottle!

Also had a time where the TSA guy asked for my wallet and then started looking through everything in my wallet! I about had a fit!

I travel a lot and rarely check baggage.

I had a cork screw confiscated once because it had a 3/4" blade for cutting the foil on the wine bottle!

Also had a time where the TSA guy asked for my wallet and then started looking through everything in my wallet! I about had a fit!

I travel a lot and rarely check baggage.

I knew my wine key would be an issue, so I broke off the knife. Got through TSA after they looked at it. They didn't care about the corkscrew, but the folks in Costa Rica security took it away from me.

It's interesting what one can have in their wallet.

It's interesting what one can have in their wallet.
1647025850326.png

Initially developed for high end credit cards like a 'AMEX Centurion' they came up with metal credit cards. No other purpose than they sounded different when tapped on the counter, like a ring knocker. Amazon came along and decided to issue a credit card and told the bank they liked those new fangled fancy metal ones, being the 800 lb Gorilla they got it. They are issuing these metal credit cards by the millions. I think the metal credit card knife shows up on scan just like a metal credit card.

I bought a couple off Aliexpress a few years back for a buck a piece. Not real durable but in a pinch they would work. I leave them in my desk at home and do not carry them around.

I bought a couple off Aliexpress a few years back for a buck a piece. Not real durable but in a pinch they would work. I leave them in my desk at home and do not carry them around.
Knives? There are all sorts of snazy knives offered on ebay. Get a couple of pocket knives and a sharpening stone. I used to wear a good-sized folding knife on my belt everywhere, even boarding planes in Texas altho it had to be checked on return, but times have changed. I keep a couple in the car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom