Hand tool shortage in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoundForElsewhere

Snarkmeister
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I literally just went through security at the Coz airport and the confiscated my adjustable wrench, scuba multi-tool, and my screwdriver.

Just a heads up to anyone traveling soon. I guess they afraid you'll take the plane apart during your flight.

It was a really sweet wide jaw stainless steel wrench, too.

So I literally just went through security at the Coz airport and the confiscated my adjustable wrench, scuba multi-tool, and my screwdriver.

Just a heads up to anyone traveling soon. I guess they afraid you'll take the plane apart during your flight.

It was a really sweet wide jaw stainless steel wrench, too.
You can't have tools in the passenger cabin anywhere you fly. That has been the rule for 20+ years.

American officials took my allen keys one time when I flew through on way back to Canada. I was travelling light with only my camera and dive computer as I had left my suitcase behind. I was trying to travel light to get back quickly before my dad passed away. You can't take that stuff in carryon. Somehow it escaped detection when I had boarded the plane in Cancun.

Are those rules equally applicable to Mexican authorities?

Are those rules equally applicable to Mexican authorities?

I believe this is a minimum guide for anyone flying to/from the USA. One visit Costa Rica, I brought a wine key. I had broken off the little knife. While it flagged security, they let me carry it on board. On the way back, the CR security confiscated it, saying the cork screw was a weapon. One couple was pissed as they bought a nice one in CR and it was taken from them.

I had a multi-tool confiscated in Florida in 2008. No tools. You may have gotten away with it a few times but just put anything that could be remotely seen as a tool in your checked bags.

[UR following the L unfurl="true"]Tools | Transportation Security Administration[/URL]
Yes, Snoweman, but you didn't paste the sentence following the caution sign at the bottom of your linked page:

The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint.

And most of us, I think, have met some really nice TSA folks, and some total a** h***s

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom