Has anyone been to Bali in the last few weeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I'm in the Philippines at the moment but was thinking of heading over to Bali.

Do any of you know how busy it is in Bali at the moment? Both in cities like Ubud & at the SCUBA shops and sites?

Thanks!

Hey

I got back from Bali yesterday, spent about a week and did a bit of a tour. Seems that Kuta is still quite busy, but no problems getting a room, the rest of the towns are really quite to the point that the touts are getting pretty aggressive.

Dived Lembogan, Liberty and a gilli out of Candidasa (possibly called mimpkin) Got to the liberty at about half six, and dived it alone, by eleven it was getting pretty busy. For the other sites, both very quite, so don't think you will have any issues finding a spot with the dive centres.

Bananas

Hi Kathy!

Bali is not so busy at the mo, even though it is still high season. The island as a whole is still getting more than the usual number of tourists but I've no idea where they are going!

Diving is good, few days where we haven't been able to get to Manta Point/Crystal Bay due to the conditions in the channel, but overall great for Mola spotting this year as the water temp is sooooo cold.

Drop into the centre if you pass by, we'd love to say 'hello' again.

I love the place Candidasa, all the famous dive spots are close by. Candidasa is a relaxing place, not so many people as like Ubud or Kuta...

Thanks all :). Really appreciate the advice. I'm engaged in a project where I need to chat with scuba divers. It's much too quiet here at the moment and thought it might be busier in Bali. Sounds like there are probably more divers there than here.

great for Mola spotting this year as the water temp is sooooo cold.

HOw cold is soooo cold? I was planning to wear a 3mm merino lined torso heater under a 0.5 full. Perhaps I should also bring my 3mm full. I am short on weight allowance on my flight so I wasn't planning on bringing the 3mm full. I use only the 0.5 in Thai waters with no issues.

Thanks

Hard to see when its not busy in Bali Sept for Mola Season. Some must love the 16-17C bottom temps at Crystals. Thats pretty warm considering we've been getting 14C locally :wink: That said I did see someone in just board shorts and a tank top down there once. :confused:

HOw cold is soooo cold? I was planning to wear a 3mm merino lined torso heater under a 0.5 full. Perhaps I should also bring my 3mm full. I am short on weight allowance on my flight so I wasn't planning on bringing the 3mm full. I use only the 0.5 in Thai waters with no issues.

Thanks

Yesterday was 16 degrees in Crystal Bay! Thats bloody cold! You could always rent a thicker wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom