Has anyone bought from divetank.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel there is some confusion.

DIVETANK.COM does nothing but great service to the customer.

They only give good deals on the products they sell. Dive tank will do everything they can to please the diver. They have great deals on gear for the diver and how they handle orders is the best you will get. You never have to wonder about what is going to come in the mail as it will be just what you ordered. They are excellent.

If cold wet diving is your gig then I would look at the Pinnacle dive suits as they are warmer then any other. You would like the service and how they will respond to you. They have an Artic suit which is made for that the Artic. It kicks but over BARE and the service is excellent. You I think can order one with DIVETANK also.

I have heard DIVETANK has the ability to get BARE to get repairs done fast. Do it on your own and see how it goes !!!!!!!!!!

I looked into the Pinnacal suits. ScubaDiving magazine gave a good review of the Polar semi dry suit. The only potential advantage is that the Bare Artic suit has a 7 mill artic shorty vest to double the warmth on the torso. I'm not sure which would be warmer between those two setups. The other problem is finding a store that carries Pinnacal.

ScubaRook The other problem is finding a store that carries Pinnacal.
I think DIVETANK.COM can help you with that !

Also AQUASPORTS.com out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada can help you. So can AQUASHACK out of Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada can help as both sell Pinnacle.

The suit set is way warmer then the two piece and has a zipper and fits great.
As for cold water diving thats the route I would go if going wet is what you want.

You mean the Pinnacle Polar semi dry with hood one piece should be warmer than the Bare artic one piece with added 7mill hooded shorty vest? I think we decided to go wet and rent dry for real cold water until we can afford a really good dry setup.

BTW, sorry to the thread starter for the highjack.

ScubaRook You mean the Pinnacle Polar semi dry with hood one piece should be warmer than the Bare artic one piece with added 7mill hooded shorty vest?
BTW, sorry to the thread starter for the highjack.
Yes I think it would as it is 8 mil and has wool lined which seems to make the difference. It is also a one piece that fits. They are used in the UK and people seem to be very warm in them.

I just found out that you can avoid Canadian dollar to US dollar exchange fee if use PayPal. Divetank accept Paypal.

BrianS:
You can also just call them and they'll credit you the extra charge back.

Also, they'll give you store credit if you are planning to buy from them.

I am going to buy a Bare drysuit from them. The guy on the phone was really nice and very helpful. their return policy seems like the best around. What is the currency exchange all about? I know they are in Canada but doent they charge in US $$?

Back
Top Bottom