Have Boat, Need Buddies, Venice/Sw FL Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New to the board but dove Venice today Vis way limited. I am interested in going out any time on vaction this week and next week. If your going out. Willing to share gas and tender time on boat.

What do you guys think about Sunday or Monday?

next few days are nice and warm 80 or above and water should probably hit 70

wind from the east on Monday (shouldn't that give better visibility?)

LMK

-Matt

Welcome there, Lynch.

We dive Venice about every 2 weeks or so. We have a dive shop in Punta Gorda. I have 5 people looking for buddies to dive Venice right now, and have about 8 of us who go up regularly. Shoot me an email - I'll check with them first, and if OK, I'll be happy to send you their email addresses and contact info. My email is info@wetterbetter.com.

Happy hunting, and again, welcome! I'm new here also, and the Conchs are some of the best people I've met.

The viz @ Venice beach on Thursday was about 3-6 INCHES. The wind is gonna be stiff from the southwest all weekend, so don't look for the viz to improve untill about mid week at best......sorry.

What's the water temp,Mote?

Hey MoteMan what should i be looking for in the winds for good visibility? To-wards the beach or no wind, right?

3-6 inches i find teeth bigger than that... how am i supposed to inspect my finds!!!!

The visibility should be significantly better out a mile at the bone-yard i would think... i rarely have good visibility off the beach.

dkramer water temperature should be about 68 69ish from the info on the buoy but i would expect it to start going up a bit with the warm weather... but hey i am no weather man.

Lets here what the Mote has to say.

-Matt

Winds from the north, a general easterly direction or southeast viz tends to be best. anything westerly or from the south=bad viz. 3 miles from the Venice beach on wednesday the viz was 3 feet in 35 FSW with a bottom temp of 68 F. The temp should be warming up and the Venice station is reporting surface water temps of 70-71 F today.

Water Warming Up . Drewling As I Think Of Teeth And More Teeth . Have To Keep A Real Close Eye On Water Temp . The Water Temp STAYS Around 70's Count Me On For A Whole Weekend Of Toothing :d

Welcome to the board, Matt! I might be interested as soon as the water warms up a little more. Also, check with Reeldreams. He lives in Venice and knows some good spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom