Have you ever lost a Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok you guys are awesome............I am considering including just one fin as an option on our web site. Wonderful comments one and all..............but I just have this feeling someone is holding back. The best story is still out there somewhere..............

Happy Diving

Now if I could only find that ONE Tusa fin I lost...........the circle will be complete.

Happy Diving

Once during a skin diving rescue drill , my weightbelt when i dropped it caught my fin strap and took it off. I did find it!!!

But gained one! During a dive off Key Largo on a very rough day, I was at about 30' when a blue Mares Plana Avanti size large floated by me. I grabbed it thinking someone on our boat must have lost it. Upon surfacing and returning to the boat no one claimed it. Since it is identical to my own fins (except mine are green) I started wearing one blue and one green fin. Everyone I dive with says its always easy to spot me on a dive! When asked about the two different color fins I always say that I have another pair of the same at home.

By the way, I was diving with a couple of new divers when they mentioned that the fins they bought off e-bay were two left fins. They hadn't noticed any difference when wearing them on either foot. I asked why they thought these fins were lefts, "because they have L's on the bottom"! When I suggested that the "L's" might stand for "Large" they nearly melted!

Then there was the guy who was diving with "his foot sizers" in the fins. What foot sizers I asked? He showed me the inserts that come with the fins to hold the pocket shape during shipping and storgage! yes, there are some interesting fin stories out there.

Terrasmak...........I guess just be grateful it didn't grab your swim trunks.

Happy Diving

Ya, my first ever OW checkout dive, lost a fin. End of dive. My first dive didn't even count as a dive as I had bobbed to the surface right after descent and was never under for more than a minute. Soon my weight belt started slipping down my legs off my big fat waist. As the instructor was helping me put it back on, the right fin slipped off and away it went. They looked for it but couldn't find it. Luckily it was a rental and didn't make me pay for it.

Lost one of my Mares Avanti Quatro XL Yellow fins. Third dive of the day at Farnsworth banks and points north. We were at Eagle rock. Strode in gave the DM the OK and off popped my fin. Couldn't dump air fast enough and get down to catch it but saw it sinking as I reached my hand for it. Buddy could't find it as it got murky at depth....

Anyone got a spare??

Ha ha ha hey Tombo............I've got a Tusa spare!!!

Happy Diving

About 25 minutes in, my dive buddy taps me on the leg and points to a hole in a rock(or so I thought). Not seeing anything in the hole I continue going in the same direction,i go over a good sized rock turn around and my buddy is gone.
I go back over the rock to find my buddy STANDING in the sand. Apparently the point that I thought meant look in a hole was the international sign for I lost a fin! After I looked in the hole and continued on he tried to swim over the rock and in the process lost his other fin. We looked around for a minute or two but the surge was bad never found them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom