Have You Used These Ring-less Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Has anybody used this style of dry glove : LINK

What's your experience/opinion/pluses-minuses? How cold have you dived them? Pron to more/less leaks than the ring systems?

Thanks.

Rick, I've looked at that page on several occations and I too have wondered what others experience with them might be. I'm thinking I would like that better than the ring systems out there. I don't know where to even order a pair from. The link on the website takes me nowhere for Nordic Blue. I've seen similar ones from OMS but they didn't quite look like the ones on the webpage.

Sorry, I'm of no help here.

Jeremy

I use them for very cold water. I have not problems with them. They work great. But if you don't get it sealed correctly, you'll get some dampness in the glove and it takes forever to dry. To get air in the glove, I use a 4" piece of bungee with a knot at each end. I stick that in the wrist seal of the dry suit. The glove seal goes over the dry suit seal.

ppo2_diver:
I use them for very cold water. I have not problems with them. They work great. But if you don't get it sealed correctly, you'll get some dampness in the glove and it takes forever to dry. To get air in the glove, I use a 4" piece of bungee with a knot at each end. I stick that in the wrist seal of the dry suit. The glove seal goes over the dry suit seal.

Where do you get them from?

ianr33:
Where do you get them from?

It looks like we can order them direct, right online......
http://www.nordic-blue.com/butik/show_one.asp?ID=354

It seems to be out of Sweeden but it's all rigged for US Dollars.

Before I order does any one else have experieince with thew Nordic Blue ringless dry gloves? They will be going over tucked under neoprene wrist seals so the glove seal will have a nice smooth uniform landing area.

Pete

Ive got them here and near unusable.

Putting the first glove on is easy. Putting the second glove on is nigh on impossible to do yourself. It takes a long time and usually leaks.

Went back to normal wet gloves as a result. 3 finger mitts are my next thing to test.

Edit:- ive got similar but they look almost identical. Mine are Hydrotech make.

I have a friend who uses this style of dry glove and he swears by them. He buys latex wrist seals and makes his own. They look like they'd be a pain to don and doff with cold hands. Personally I have pretty big hands and I don't think this would work for me. I tried the sci-tec 5 system and had trouble with the rings being too small. I finally settled on the Viking system where you pull the glove over the ring on the suit. Thier rings are bigger and accomodate my hands well. They are also easy to don and doff and they seal everytime.

Jim

Got a link to the Viking ring system? I've seen them on other divers drysuits before but didn't know what I was looking at. I did think to myself that they were pretty neat. Although when it comes down to it, my 7mm Hyperstretch work fine for the water I'm diving around here.
I did think about trying out a pair of the Henderson instadry gloves but it may be money thrown away since the hyperstretch is really confortable and is a very good fit.

I own a similar pair, from DUI: http://www.dui-online.com/acc_gloves.htm

Advantages: The built-in insulation is great. Very comfortable once they are on.
Disadvantages: Putting the second glove on!

I switched to the DC system simply because of the ease with which I can put both gloves on myself, but once the gloves are on, my opinion/experience is that the ringless gloves provide more warmth and less leakage :)

Hope this helps

These are very easy to make. Get a set of the blue gloves, either the insulated ones, or with a separate set of the yellow insulated liners, and a set of the cheapest latex wrist seals you can find. Then cement the seals on the glove in exactly the same manner as you'd cement a new wrist seal on a suit. If you have some DUI cement, Viking Cement, neoprene cement or PB300 use that, otherwise just use hardware store yellow contact cement after scuffing up the surfaces to be cemented on the seal and glove. Shouldn't cost more than $40.

Personally I prefer ring systems, irritating as the rings are, just because they are so much easier to don, and allow quickly taking the glove off and on, useful when you are gearing up or down and something misbehaves.

Back
Top Bottom