Heading to cave country soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, cheaper and I'm on a diet.
Oh, I’m cheap, too, and the quality of restaurant food mostly isn’t worth the calories to me, so I cook for myself. When I took a cave course in High Springs I brought almost a full week’s worth of vacuum-sealed food to heat up. But I was in an Airbnb with a stove. For shorter stays, I use a cheaper Airbnb that has only a hot plate. But I never thought a motel would allow cooking in the rooms. Does the Gem have a common area for cooking or something like that? I haven’t seen the place since it was remodeled.

Oh, I’m cheap, too, and the quality of restaurant food mostly isn’t worth the calories to me, so I cook for myself. When I took a cave course in High Springs I brought almost a full week’s worth of vacuum-sealed food to heat up. But I was in an Airbnb with a stove. For shorter stays, I use a cheaper Airbnb that has only a hot plate. But I never thought a motel would allow cooking in the rooms. Does the Gem have a common area for cooking or something like that? I haven’t seen the place since it was remodeled.

I planned on just going outside or not telling them.....

I planned on just going outside or not telling them.....
Did you try to find an Airbnb? There are a few small ones I’ve found that were under $100.

Not knowing the area I went with the instructor recommended hotels. The rate was decent at 80 a night.

Not knowing the area I went with the instructor recommended hotels. The rate was decent at 80 a night.
I’m sure it’s fine, and that’s as cheap as it gets for a single person. I think you could find an Airbnb at the same price, though. Next trip maybe. Have a great trip and course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom