Hello From Divers Supply

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

My staff has followed Scubaboard for quite some time now. I have been convinced to jump in and get involved.

My name is Mark McNatt; I am the General Manager for Divers Supply.

My short Bio:

I grew up with my brother helping out in the Divestore. It seems that my father had a never ending supply of lead weight for Richard and me to move from one side of the store to another!

After high school, I joined the US Army as an infantryman and after all the training ended up in the 1st ranger Battalion which with I served in Panama.

Upon the completion of my enlistment I returned to Macon and Divers Supply. Along the way I've taught hundreds of students to dive and count myself fortunate in being able to work with my family is something I enjoy so much.

A little about Divers Supply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With a great vision in mind, Divers Supply was started in 1977 as a small operation in Macon, GA. Now, Macon is not what anyone would consider to be a great diving spot by far! With only a few lakes and quarries in the area, the "shop" was opened on a major exit off of I-475 (a bypass to I-75) and with our tremendous training programs, travel, and great equipment deals we were able to grow our business to a 35,000 square foot store with a full training facility and indoor heated pool.

Now, close to 25 years later, Divers Supply has grown to enormous proportions! But still a hometown dive shop where you can stop and show your latest dive pictures, joke about the boat mishaps, or talk about the "lobster that got away"! Still family owned and run, so you can be assured of that personal touch.

Divers Supply has 7 full retail stores and a world wide mail-order/ internet division. All stores are PADI 5 Star Dive Centers with fully trained and certified Instructors and SCUBA divers.

We work with the most innovative and respected manufacturers and by buying in volume and solidifying great deals we can pass them on to you, the customer! All stores are generously stocked with over 100 quality brands of equipment for your shopping pleasure.

Divers Supply is committed to providing all of our customers with the best value for their dollar. If you don't see something, please call one of our friendly operators at 1-800-999-3483 and just ask. We are continually updating our website and sometimes all products are not depicted.

I look forward to being on here and talking about diving with all of you.

Mark

Mark,

It's good to have you here!!!

May I offer you a hearty "WELCOME!!!" to the ScubaBoard.

I've availed myself of DS's service many a time and have been quite satisfied with the sales, service and support I've received.

We hope you will become a valued member and asset of the ScubaBoard family.

The Kraken

MMDiver:
I am the General Manager for Divers Supply.

Which store are you in? The Macon store or a different one? (or are you the general manager of the "whole company" and not the store? )

BTW. Welcome to Scubaboard. It's good to see a large size company like this get on board.

As a new member that is also a coporate enity, I suggest that you get Scubaboard to set you up a space on the The Equipment of Scuba Diving --> Q&A from your Manufacturers since your company makes/sells/distributes the Sea Elite brand of gear. That way people could ask questions about your "store line" of gear. You can find that forum here.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352

Several of the "big name" manufacturers have a presence in this forum.

-Mike

mike_s:
Which store are you in? The Macon store or a different one? (or are you the general manager of the "whole company" and not the store? )

BTW. Welcome to Scubaboard. It's good to see a large size company like this get on board.

As a new member that is also a coporate enity, I suggest that you get Scubaboard to set you up a space on the The Equipment of Scuba Diving --> Q&A from your Manufacturers since your company makes/sells/distributes the Sea Elite brand of gear. That way people could ask questions about your "store line" of gear. You can find that forum here.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352

Several of the "big name" manufacturers have a presence in this forum.

-Mike

Great Idea on the Sea Elite! Who do I ask?

I'm the General Manager of all the stores but I am located in Macon.

Best,

Mark

Welcome to the board! Stopped in at the Macon store on my way home from Florida in March and picked up a couple of things though we didn't find what we were actually looking for (a simple old-style "J" snorkel for my husband). I asked about a discount for Scubaboard members but was told "no luck". Might be something you could think about or even special deals that you announce here on the board, several operations do that :D Specials just for us seem to get a good response from the members, I know when Phil Ellis let us buy finger spools for $15 I ended up buying 10.

Just some food for thought! Welcome to the best board on the net!

Ber :lilbunny:

MMDIver, I'd also load a "Diver Supply" logo as your avatar (the little pic under your name) so people can identify you as working for Divers Supply. This is common for shop owners or manufacturer reps here. I think you'll find it helpfull in board members reconizing you as a store operator/vendor and manfacturer.

mike_s:
MMDIver, I'd also load a "Diver Supply" logo as your avatar (the little pic under your name) so people can identify you as working for Divers Supply. This is common for shop owners or manufacturer reps here. I think you'll find it helpfull in board members reconizing you as a store operator/vendor and manfacturer.

Thanks!

Ber Rabbit:
Welcome to the board! Stopped in at the Macon store on my way home from Florida in March and picked up a couple of things though we didn't find what we were actually looking for (a simple old-style "J" snorkel for my husband). I asked about a discount for Scubaboard members but was told "no luck". Might be something you could think about or even special deals that you announce here on the board, several operations do that :D Specials just for us seem to get a good response from the members, I know when Phil Ellis let us buy finger spools for $15 I ended up buying 10.

Just some food for thought! Welcome to the best board on the net!

Ber :lilbunny:

To be honest I'm OK with that,but I was thinking that the Scubaboard members would find it crass with a "Hi, I'm Mark from Divers Supply and I'll give you a discount if you buy from me:wink: "

How about 12% excluding tanks and cameras?

Rules, need to be PM'd to me on Scubaboard. I can't lose money on stuff so while I promise the best price I can get you there may be items that I can't go 12%. I'll be honest with you, all I ask is that you guys be honest with me.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom