Hello from Muscat, Oman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reehan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am lucky enough to live in Oman where we have year round diving in waters that range between 22 and 30 degrees depending on the time of year. Apart from the "regular" warm water fish and corals, we often see turtles and rays and sometimes even spot some shy sharks as well. If we are really lucky we may have an occasional whale shark and recently even had some Mola Mola's (sunfish).

Nowadays there are a fair number of dive operators that offer trips to the Damaniyat islands, the best known and probably most prolific dive destination in Oman, but also to Fahal Island, Bandar Khayran (with the wreck of the Al Munazir, a decommissioned navy vessel especially stripped and cleaned for divers ), and other places along the coast, all of which offer very nice diving.

We do some technical/CCR diving but that is mostly done privately, I am not aware that any of the commercial operators offer such services.

Any questions on diving in Oman send me a PM,

Cheers.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. You've come to a great forum where you can spend quality time during your surface intervals.

Welcome. Hope you’ll post some trip reports. Oman is a dive destination I haven’t seen much posted on.

Richard.

Planning trips to Oman from Qatar in the coming year so will give you a shout closer to the time

Welcome to ScubaBoard @Reehan

For most of us in the UAE, Oman generally means Musandam, and there are weekend LoBs on Dhows that run from Dibba Oman side.

I generally visit the Damaniyats every year, but fuel prices are getting a bit much these days here in UAE when you drive a V8.

Looking forward to getting down again when the water gets warmer.

What's the current water temperature?

Welcome to Scubaboard! I will be visiting Muscat in a couple months, might seek out dive recommendations if I can get a few days off.

Welcome to ScubaBoard @Reehan

For most of us in the UAE, Oman generally means Musandam, and there are weekend LoBs on Dhows that run from Dibba Oman side.

I generally visit the Damaniyats every year, but fuel prices are getting a bit much these days here in UAE when you drive a V8.

Looking forward to getting down again when the water gets warmer.

What's the current water temperature?

23 degrees,,,,,,,

Welcome. Hope you’ll post some trip reports. Oman is a dive destination I haven’t seen much posted on.

Richard.

I wouldn't travel a long way to Oman for the diving only but having the mountains, desert and a long history of habitation, combine it with renting a 4WD and explore the wadi's (check Google for wadi's in Oman), make a trip through the desert and visit some of the old forts and souqs (markets) in the towns further inland.

Planning a trip this February. Is Nitrox available? if yes, where? Need some advise.

Back
Top Bottom