Hello from newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muppetman

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Just found this forum while browsing for info about Roatan - it's a great forum!

As an intro, I am an advanced / nitrox PADI diver, with about 50 dives under my belt - only a wimpy warm-water diver, though (never even dived in a suit)!! (Thailand, Maldives, Carribean). Just moved from the UK to Detroit area (Michigan), so I'm gonna spend as much time as poss diving the US. Might even learn dry-suit, and dive the lakes of Michigan when it warms up a bit!

This forum convinced me to book a week in Roatan, so I'm off there in 6 days time - I can't wait.

Great forum, great info, so thank you everyone! Now I've found the forum, you won't get rid of me!!

Heya and welcome to the Board!!! This is a great place to find all sorts of information. You'll have to post us a new thread in here when you get back. Have fun and dive safe..

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome the board! I am sure you will find a lot of new, advice, friends, discussions, info, etc here that will help you a lot! Enjoy!

Ed and Liz

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

For lots of info on Roatan, check Central & South America forum

It would help in future diving discussions if you'd complete your Profile with your Dive Info. You can use the Quick Links in the bar above for such changes. And sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi Muppetman!

Welcome to Scubaboard! Coming from the UK and moving to Detroit almost REQUIRES that you get used to diving in cold water! Try it.....you might like it! LOL!

Enjoy your trip to Roatan. It's a great place.

Hey there muppetman,

Glad you finally found us. We have been waiting......

Have a fun trip in Roatan. I wish I was going. I guess I have to go back to work.
Keep us posted on your trip.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Jester - Yep, I might try cold water diving now I'm in Michigan, but not for a while yet. I don't think my first venture into cold water should be ice-diving :wink:

Welcome to the Scubaboard. You'll find lots of info and probably some buddys here. Keep an eye on the "Great Lakes Wrecking Crew" section. Lot of difference diving cold water, but after you get used to it (and have the right gear=drysuit) you'll love it. Welcome. steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom