Hello Kelp Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it weird that I'm perfectly happy in a pool for 3 hours? Kathy, Monday evenings and Thursday afternoons I'm busy, but otherwise I am open. Which pool do you usually hit?

I don’t think enjoying pool sessions is weird at all. The pool is an excellent place to become comfortable with skills before heading out into ocean with lower vis, swell and other environmental complications.

I often find pool pratice quite meditative & it’s a great plce to build confidence/skills that will help out when you feel ready to dive in the ocean.

I'm checking on pools. Do you own an exposure suit? Is it warm enough for colder water?

Peter, How you do you like the HOG regulators?

Over eager,
Newbs
I might use them at some point, but they are for my gal. Since I care greatly about her, she is getting some of the best regulators on the market, which also happen to be some of the most reasonably priced too. In reality a reg set is barely worth $100. There is more parts and technology in a $15 cell phone. The reason I choose the HOG's is that they are top notch regs and breathe easier than most on the market. Rebuild parts are easy to get. They also seem to come highly recommended :cool2:

Myself I have a couple sets of MK25/S600 regs which are really nice. If I had to do it over again...HOG! More bang for the buck. There really is not a lot of technology in a regulator today that hasn't been tested every which way.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/330401-hog-regs.html

Since at some point I will probably want my Freedom Plate back to use for single tank diving, she will also be getting her own Freedom Plate, with an Oxycheq Mach V wing.

Hah, gives me a strange sense of pride to see my thread linked here. People's responses gave me the extra nudge I needed to actually buy them. I'm still kicking myself for not going for the black Friday deal back in November.

I'm checking on pools. Do you own an exposure suit? Is it warm enough for colder water?

I've gone into my pool with wetsuit, snorkel, fins and mask, but I'm not sure the current management will allow it. I'll see. Also Wallins charged 10 for an hour. I'm not sure what other options there are.

I have a wet 7 over 7, and will test drive the demo drysuit I have on hand once underwear comes in.

Many LDSs offer free pool privileges if you have taken a class from them. I don't know if Wallins does this, but if so it would be a great way to nail down a free local pool while at the same time getting some continuing ed.

I've gone into my pool with wetsuit, snorkel, fins and mask, but I'm not sure the current management will allow it. I'll see. Also Wallins charged 10 for an hour. I'm not sure what other options there are.

I have a wet 7 over 7, and will test drive the demo drysuit I have on hand once underwear comes in.

Sounds good, I'll PM you with some options :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom