Hello, Newbie here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi John,

We're planning on April 25, but I had to postpone finalizing my plans dependant on an upcoming doctors appt. If all goes well I'll firm everything up. I hadn't considered the Ritz. I figured the points would be dramatically more and I depleted my points recently on my last trip. Looks like you're a fellow Michigander. We moved to North Carolina, but my parents still live in Livonia, MI. We're heading up there tomorrow, providing weather allows.

Thanks!
Kristen.

Good luck with your doctor's appt; hopefully it's nothing serious. Points wise, a week in the GC Ritz = 400k Marriott points. Both my wife and I travel as part of our jobs & stay at Marriott's whenever we can. We can generally net out a few weeks vacation on a years worth of points.

Yep, I've been a midwesterner all my life and have lived in Michigan for most of my years. My sister and her family live in Livonia - It's a small world, isn't it.

Anyway, hope everything's ok & enjoy your dive vacation - wherever you guys choose to go.

John

Hey John!

Looks like we are good for the Caymans. My dr appt was good news and now I'm very excited. I'm planning on finalizing my plans tomorrow.

Where else do you go with your Marriott points. I travel for my job as well, but my husband doesn't. This will be my first trip that isn't Key Largo or South Florida.

Hey John!

Looks like we are good for the Caymans. My dr appt was good news and now I'm very excited. I'm planning on finalizing my plans tomorrow.

Where else do you go with your Marriott points. I travel for my job as well, but my husband doesn't. This will be my first trip that isn't Key Largo or South Florida.

Hey Kristen:

That's fantastic! Grand Cayman is probably our favorite warm vacation spot - I hope that you and your guy enjoy it too. I take my refresher course next week & we leave for GC on March 14th... can't wait !!!

We try to use our Marriott points every time we vacation - although we don't allow it to 100% drive our destination decisions. We've used Marriott points on Cayman, Aruba, St Thomas, Hawaii, Tahoe, Park City, Vail, etc.

Enjoy !

John

Hey John,

It is kind of hard not too. It's free.:)

How exciting your trip is so close. Post how it goes and any must do's/eats.

I'm going to apply for my passport on Friday. Mine has been expired for a very long time.

How were Aruba and St Thomas for diving? I think Delta goes to both. I fly Delta so I try to find both. Once I've exhausted dive spots that have Marriotts/Delta I would like to do a liveaboard in Belize. I would LOVE to do Hawaii but I've been avoiding it due to the long travel time.

Have a great time on your trip!
Kristen

Hey John,

It is kind of hard not too. It's free.:)

How exciting your trip is so close. Post how it goes and any must do's/eats.

I'm going to apply for my passport on Friday. Mine has been expired for a very long time.

How were Aruba and St Thomas for diving? I think Delta goes to both. I fly Delta so I try to find both. Once I've exhausted dive spots that have Marriotts/Delta I would like to do a liveaboard in Belize. I would LOVE to do Hawaii but I've been avoiding it due to the long travel time.

Have a great time on your trip!
Kristen

Hey Kristen:

You bet, I'll post a trip report once we get back. We can't wait to go !

I've dove Aruba twice. Click here for a dive report from my last visit in March of 2014. Not sure of your comfort in the water and you & your hubby's respective air consumption, but one of the great things about diving Aruba was being able to dive to my personal limits. I went out with Dive with Clive, who takes small groups out on his boat. He watches how you dive & your air consumption, and allows you to dive to your comfort level. Many dive operators short fill tanks to limit dive times or time out dives anywhere from 40 or 50 minutes. Not so with Clive. Aruba has a less of a reef structure than the Caymans, but I saw some nice wrecks and had a great time.

When we were there, St Thomas was windy and stormy - rendering visibility to about 20 feet. I didn't think there was a lot to see underwater, but that's based on the lousy visibility.

Hawaii is a long flight, I really enjoyed the diving. A great soundtrack in the water (whales, dolphins) & some really cool stuff on the bottom. Cool water, but I'm used to that from diving in Michigan.

Belize is on my list too. I've visited Belize on a cruise ship, but didn't have the chance to dive there. One of these days...

Enjoy !

John

Back
Top Bottom