Hello to All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. Passed my OW certification portion this past weekend in water temps around 46-51. I really was so busy trying to focus on the skills that I didn't notice the temperature that much until day #2 dive 2 (of the four total). After about 20 minutes I was cold and not enjoying it too much. Overall though, my instructor said if you can dive in this environment you can dive most places comfortably (temperaturewise).

I did like it though and look forward to practicing my new skills in warmer water.

Lauren

Outlaw14:
Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. Passed my OW certification portion this past weekend in water temps around 46-51. I really was so busy trying to focus on the skills that I didn't notice the temperature that much until day #2 dive 2 (of the four total). After about 20 minutes I was cold and not enjoying it too much. Overall though, my instructor said if you can dive in this environment you can dive most places comfortably (temperaturewise).

I did like it though and look forward to practicing my new skills in warmer water.

Lauren

You'll really enjoy the warmer waters. Sorry I can't help on the recomendationsfor Hawaii or Bermuda, I have not dove Bermuda and have only dove the big island in Hawaii. Welcome to the sport!

Outlaw14:
Passed my OW certification portion this past weekend in water temps around 46-51.

you are TWICE da bomb!

first, you got the cert...

and, second, you did it in frigid, frozen, ice-chilled, mind-numbingly cold, two-degrees-from-death waters!

hats off from this (warm water only) Florida diver!

Too funny! Thanks Andy. I knew it was cold but had no idea how close to death I was :) I did feel after it was over that other things in life weren't quite as important as I had made them prior to learning to dive (lowering my golf score for example!). Perspective is good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom