Hello?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt:
Originally Posted by Christi

Matt, Gordon, et. al...Santa Rosa was in fact quite depressing. I actually hadn't dove it since January until yesterday. I was THRILLED to see the reef yesterday. Vis was clear and endless, the colors were vibrant, and there was probably half the sand deposits that were there in January.

Christy,

Is it the current that eventually "sweeps" the sand away over time?

Matt
Excellent news Christi! We'll have to check it out again come May.

Mark

divematt:
Originally Posted by Christi

Matt, Gordon, et. al...Santa Rosa was in fact quite depressing. I actually hadn't dove it since January until yesterday. I was THRILLED to see the reef yesterday. Vis was clear and endless, the colors were vibrant, and there was probably half the sand deposits that were there in January.

Christy,

Is it the current that eventually "sweeps" the sand away over time?

Matt

I think it has to do with how much Texas sucks at any particular time that causes the currents to get stronger/weaker and blow the sand off of the reefs.

I am hoping that after OU trounces Texas next October, that the suck factor will increase and finish cleaning off the reefs.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

scoreboard.jpg

I couldnt resist. :wink:

Hey Don...I owe you an apology! I really thought you were referring to my photo post of Santa Rosa. Loretta actually sent me the link to the thread you were referring to...so please accept my apologies...and thank you Loretta :)

Brules...that was just MEAN...haha!

Others, yes, the currents help with the sand as do other things...but mainly the currents :)

Oh yeah, Right. You guys got you butts STOMPED by USC twice for the National Championship, TEXAS beat your *** good this last season ,TEXAS beat USC this year for the National Title and we suck. I love a poor loser!

Brules:
I am hoping that after OU trounces Texas next October, that the suck factor will increase and finish cleaning off the reefs.
See we have another Oklahoma member here. Good to see.

Though.... last year OU blew a bit too hard. Maybe this year we will be better.

Christi:
Hey Don...I owe you an apology! I really thought you were referring to my photo post of Santa Rosa. Loretta actually sent me the link to the thread you were referring to...so please accept my apologies...and thank you Loretta :)

Others, yes, the currents help with the sand as do other things...but mainly the currents :)
No problem here. But thanks for posting that. :14:

Christi:

Christi, Danada... I'll be seeing you in 17 days!!!!!!!:D

Brules:
I think it has to do with how much Texas sucks at any particular time that causes the currents to get stronger/weaker and blow the sand off of the reefs.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

scoreboard.jpg

I couldnt resist. :wink:

Even with the humiliating beating you'll take next fall, come down for the game anyway and enjoy the Great State Fair of Texas, have a corny dog and stop by the aquarium and see the dive show.:D

Hmm...maybe got off the soapbox too soon!:14:

Back
Top Bottom