Help Identifying Bauer Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok thanks for your help you have been very knowledgeable and helpful I should be home this evening or maybe a little earlier praying for rain to get a rain out day I ain't got to mess with my new toy pretty much just unloaded it and had to leave

I was just wanting to check that it would build pressure up to at least enough to fill a tank before I started investing money in filters and service rather than an overhaul kit if one stage happened to be down since me nor the gentleman had time that day to run it up just pretty much fired it up

All of the previous comments are great.

I have the same model compressor (now running on a 4hp electric motor). If it was mine i would:
Open the whip / charging hose & run it with NO CYLINDER ATTACHED for 10 - 15 minutes. Don't worry about the filters or high pressure yet - you just want to make sure the compressor works. It will make some very unusual tapping sounds for the first 20 secs or so - these are normal ""!!""... - just make sure the seperator / colascer & drains are shut before you start the engine.

Assuming this works fine then turn it off, open all the drains, then change the oil for synthetic - contact any of the DIVING compressor guys to get the right kit for this.

Once oil has been changed, then connect a cylinder (this may require internal cleaning after !!!) to it preferably with a pressure gauge on the whip. Now just time how long it take to fill it to say 2000psi... - dont go past this yet.. It is after all, untested....
The speed it takes should be constant through the range & the compressor sound should also be the same...

If you get airs leaks - first check the drains - you may have forgotten to close them or they may need an overhaul.

If all is still fine - empty the cylinder - go & buy your filters... you are in business...lol

Finally got the time to hook up the compressor runs like a champ it shuts off at 3500 psi tho so how do I adjust it Im not sure what pressure I need but I'm gonna bank and want to fill to 3500 also where is the best place to order oil and filters

OPIE,
PM me and I'll give you a price for a 16 inch and 33 inch tower, oil and filters
Jim Shelden
<sheldensportinggoods.com>
316-992-0505

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom