Help me analyze a bad dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all of the replies. No doubt that responsibility for the entire situation rests on me before anyone else. That's the reason I took the time to reflect, writing it down in this post forced me to really thing through the details.

The incident pit graphic is great, having a visual of that will be helpful during future dives. In the end, it may be as simple as "if things aren't going the right direction and don't feel right, end the dive". TS&M summed that up pretty well.

The other thing I took away from this is never take any dive lightly, even a demo or pool dive. I already knew that, but I think that I let my guard down.

The big point to take away is that calling the dive before anything got out of hand overreaches the other problems which occurred.

I did a dive recently in atrocious conditions, and wanted to call the dive but didn't for fear of disappointing the other two divers in the team. Unbeknownst to me both of them both felt the same way, and we all soldiered through a risky dive that none of us were particularly comfortable doing at the time. We were stupid, but we got away with it. You were much smarter.

It's not only the number of dives one has that increases their experience, but also the number of dives they thumb. Next time insist on trying on a few different sizes to find a better fit. Better yet try on a few different manufacturers suits in different sizes.

America is not at war. The troops are at war. America is at the mall and the all you can eat buffet.

It's not only the number of dives one has that increases their experience, but also the number of dives they thumb.

I used to say that experience is not measured by number of dives, but the number of dives where the sh*&% hits the fan. In theory that should be the same number.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom