Help me choose a dive operator in Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on budget... lots of good dive ops there. I chose Action Divers because of reviews I had read and comments from friends who dove with them plus they put together a very reasonable package for me. I do not need "creature comforts" in a resort and the room they gave me at Banana Moon was inexpensive ($20/night including breakfast), had good WiFi and a beautiful view of Verde Island.

AGREE! My wife and I had a GREAT time with Action Divers!

Another vote for Asia Divers, I spent a week there in May. Very well run operation, multiple boats, they will take you where you want to go. They are also the only operation in Sabang with a pier (and a big floating platform), all the others pull up on the beach. I can highly recommend them.

Can also recommend Hemingways for dinner. Lots of options.

We had a wonderful time at Atlantis, if your budget extends that far. It's a beautiful resort with excellent food, and the dive operator is efficient and professional and safety-conscious. They do go to Verde, and we really enjoyed our dives there, but don't discount the more nearby dive sites at all. The reef diving was beautiful, and the night dives in the bay under the anchored boats were AMAZING. With a max depth of 20 feet, we enjoyed finding all kinds of amazing and strange animals in the bay's silt bottom. Neither do you have to go deep, nor go far to find fabulous things in the Philippines.

Sorry was diving with Action divers again last week so missed this post.
and that's my recommendation.

Dr bill Banana moon closed. :sad::sad::(Full moon bar still down stairs for drink/food.
I'm sure Roscoe can look after your accommodation elsewhere next time.

Big recommendation for Papa Fred's for a steak.

Update. I just returned from a week in Puerto Galera and 5 days in Krabi, Thailand.

I went with Asia Divers and I recommend them to everyone. When I arrived I told them I wanted to dive Verde Island. They found two other divers and got us there on my second day. There is a price for such flexibility what amounted to $50 per diver surcharge.

I was able to dive the canyons as an Openwater I diver. Asia Divers had me sign an "adventure" waiver and checked over my log book, plus their evalualtion of my first day of diving. Wow! I can't speak enough about the canyons. I was able to spend two days diving there.

Thanks for all the advice.

Going to PG for the week after Christmas... We are staying in a villa near PG proper (not up in Sabang) that only costs $155 a day (5 BR), so we are going to use Badladz who will pick us up from the dock in front of the house... Going to be a family dive vacation with up to 7 divers for a week, so we'll see how much fun we can have. Trip report to follow..

I've been to Anilao, but hear that the distances are so close on/around that little peninsula that most of the operators actually come back in from a dive and reload tanks and go back out, since the turn around is usually about an hour or less anyway... all the work is on the operators, and dive guests can relax and hit the head if they need to for 20-30 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom