Help me decide with this dilemma please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sad to see you leave Hintermann. I won't berate or attempt to convince you to stay. I already tried that a number of months ago. Did I tell you I've been to Machu Picchu? It was difficult for me to give up a dive trip for it.. .not. :wink: i just went back to some other amazing, and not so amazing dive locales. Did i tell you I've been blessed to be at Petra? And after that go back
diving. In my world it doesn't have to be one or another. But if you truly do give up diving, do be sure to go to Isuzu Falls Argentina.

Don't leave us Hintermann. It's unnatural. Oops. Sorry buddy. :wink:

Thanks Chilly. I am not planning to leave yet - I have 4 major trips before hanging-up my fins - Raja Ampat in a fortnight, Socorro & Bonaire in May 2015, Bali & Wakatobi in Set-October 2015 and of course the Philippine trip we are talking about in March-April 2016. I'll post detailed reports of each with pictures and berate you guys 'n' gals so much with the details that by April 2016 you'll probably be glad that I am leaving. :wink:

Incidentally (or perhaps coincidentally), Inca Trail & Machu Pichhu are among the first non-dive trips that we have planned after my retirement.

you will love rajah ampat. just make sure that at your age, you have a very good close eye vision. Otherwise you will barely see the pigmy seahorse. They are REALLY tinny :cool2:

Just make sure that at your age, you have a very good close eye vision. Otherwise you will barely see the pigmy seahorse. They are REALLY tinny :cool2:
Age is just a number. My eyesight is good enough to spot a pygmy seahorse's left eye at 10 clicks. :D

Darn auto correct! Iguazu Falls, Argentina.

In any event, when diving I often carry a magnifying glass. :)

And if it's the Atlantis resort/Azores combination you're considering, you can't go wrong.
That was the first combo that I checked out but unfortunately, the Atlantis Azores Liveaboard is already full-up for the April 2nd to 9th 2016 cruise, which is when both of us can get leave together. I have opted for El Dorado Beach Resort / Dive Society for Dumaguete and Expedition Fleet's MY Stella Maris Liveaboard for Tubbataha.

Age is just a number. My eyesight is good enough to spot a pygmy seahorse's left eye at 10 clicks. :D

Good for you, let me know if you could see the colored spots on their bodies with your naked eyes :D

GO TO THE PHILIPPINES!

I learned to dive in Utila and Roatan a year ago, since then I spent a month diving in the PHI, dove Sipaden, Palau, South Africa and Zanzibar. The Philppines hands down has the best diving I've seen, and realize this is all pretty current based on doing 94 dives in these place in the last year.

Here are some blog posts for a liveaboard in Tubbataha:
Philippines - Tubbataha Reef Diving - Tubbataha Liveaboard

and one for a dive safari from El Nido to Coron:

Divers Destinations -The Philippines - Palawan Diving

I have done other diving there (Balicasag, is also amazing!!!) but I havent written those blog posts (yet)...

I think you will have a great trip. Only real non diving trip I have done lately was to Patagonia...amazing place. You could spend a month plus. Enjoy your adventures !

Roatan/Utila is nice Caribbean diving, but Philippines is way better, no contest.

My wife and I have around 5 years of working life left, and plan to do all the "major" holidays before then.

That seems simple enough. You quit diving for 5 years. At that point you are only 65 and start doing some more diving.

Back
Top Bottom