Help me decide with this dilemma please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Steve_C's answer. While I am mainly a vacation diver, diving for me is a love and a daily obsession. If ScubaBoard ceased it'd be like a good friend died. My wife and I are set for a cruise later this year, but I spend more time obsessing about 2 dive trips I want to take in 2015, Lord willing. Prior to diving, cruising was my favorite thing to do. Now, it's a nice way to spend a week if I can't be diving. And I'm not diving on the cruise to mollify the wife a bit, since on our 'scuba trips disguised as family vacations' I don't spend all that much time with the family.

From that perspective, I can understand diving as an 'addiction,' in a sense. And if the possibility of diving is on the table, then on any trip to a destination where diving's good, it's going to eat at you. You'll start giving those 'I'm just not happy' vibes off, guilt-tripping your spouse into suggesting you go dive. If I could be diving, and I'm doing something else instead, much of the time I measure it against the dives I could be doing.

But there are other fun things to do. A boat tour up the New River in Belize to walk the rainforest & climb atop Mayan ruins. Snorkeling is fun. Zoos & public aquariums are nice. I tried parasailing; once was enough, but it was worthwhile.

Whatever floats your boat… (Yeah, not scuba obsessed here. No sir&#8230:wink:.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom