Help me plan my ''Crazy trip Version.2.0''

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

''you get to dive with the jacks on Alona Beach along the way, Mucho cool.''
what do you mean , by jacks , you mean peoples /diving club ? Sorry as you probably notice English is not my first language

But then again some of the people the PPD dives with are also known as "Johns" :D

if your phone is a GSM cellphone, you can use it here provided you get roaming services activated in canada. you may also choose to buy a SIM card for your phone when you get here so it will be cheaper to make local calls. SIM cards are very cheap here. hope this helps. however, the best person to advice you on that will be your mobile phone service provider.

Oh and techno, just for your information, you,re not allowed bringing more than 10000 pesos into the country in form of cash (although I don,t know if this limit applies to american currency or not). This doesn't mean they'll catch you if you do bring in more (I had 20 000 on me when I found this out). Just that they can seize it if they do! :D:D

try to stockup on pesos from ATMs whenever you egt a chance! Again, there is often a 5000 or 10000 peso a day limit on these!

Hammerhead : Do you plan to be there in mid dec to mid Jan ?

I've been ripped-off before : Do you care to share , just so i figure out the pattern ..
Maybe in im, if its touchy subject...

Jacks: Wow , you really convinced me , and thanks for my new backgroup desktop wallpaper :D

And salamat for all the rest , now i own u a 6 pack of Miguel's

Jigo: Thanks for the tips i found an orphelin old nokia gsm lying around.
Where should i buy a sim card ,???
what provider should i choose ???
i dont want a contract and a prepaid formula would be perfect

CODMAN: Hey thanks for the tips homie , I didnot see that anywhere, ill bring Usd and try to get some pesos at the hotel ......

You Guys ROCKS !!

Last edited:
It was at a sign in the airport just before meeting the customs officials!:shakehead:

Hammerhead : Do you plan to be there in mid dec to mid Jan ?

I've been ripped-off before : Do you care to share , just so i figure out the pattern ..
Maybe in im, if its touchy subject...

Jacks: Wow , you really convinced me , and thanks for my new backgroup desktop wallpaper :D

And salamat for all the rest , now i own u a 6 pack of Miguel's

Jigo: Thanks for the tips i found an orphelin old nokia gsm lying around.
Where should i buy a sim card ,???
what provider should i choose ???
i dont want a contract and a prepaid formula would be perfect

CODMAN: Hey thanks for the tips homie , I didnot see that anywhere, ill bring Usd and try to get some pesos at the hotel ......

You Guys ROCKS !!

technobro, both Globe and Smart are good service providers and both have prepaid SIM cards available in any convenience store or mall.

Alright thanks , so basicly i just pop those in , and thats it right ?

How much does they cost ?

Salamat po
cost? i don't know the current rate as they're constantly trying to out-price each other...

maybe 150 pesos ($3) at most... and you can load them almost anywhere

Jag

Back
Top Bottom