Help me plan my ''Crazy trip Version.2.0''

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

including yen or rupiah?
all, its not the value in pesos you need to look or watch out for.

"
person may bring in or take out of the Philippines?
There is no such restriction or limit on the amount of foreign currency that a person
may bring in or take out of the Philippines. However, any person bringing in or
taking out of the Philippines foreign currency, as well as other foreign exchangedenominated
bearer monetary instruments, such as traveler’s checks, in excess of
US$10,000.00 or its equivalent must declare this in writing and furnish information
on the source and purpose of the transport of such currency or monetary
instruments by accomplishing the prescribed BSP Foreign Currency and Other
Foreign Exchange-Denominated Bearer Monetary Instruments Declaration Form.
This form is available at the Bureau of Customs desk in the arrival/departure areas
of all international airports and seaports. Failure to do so may be subject to
sanctions, including confiscation of the currency in question."

click the link for the FAQs/primer on BSP foreign exchange regulations http://www.bsp.gov.ph/downloads/Publications/FAQs/fxregulations.pdf

BTW, you might want to ask the euro generals:D

Last edited:
caloy: it specifies 10k US$ or equivalent... that means that 10,000 rupiah does not need to be declared

so if techno bring in under $10,000 he does not have to declare it... he may bring in pesos or $ in combination NOT exceeding $10,000

we can get yomar or fishy_benjie to shed some light on that... they're bloodsuckers... oops, i meant lawyers...

Jag

Techno, I'd love to meet up with you, but I'm working overseas at the moment in North Africa, although my family is still in Hong Kong.

I will be going home for Christmas, but I think my kids would kill me if I ran away for a diving holiday after they haven't seen me for 4 months!

As for being ripped-off, it happened twice.

Once I was trying to change money with a backstreet exchange (long ago) to get a good black market rate for USD. Left with less money than I thought. My fault and lesson learned.

Other one was when I charted a banka from Batangas to PG all on my own. While I sat in the front, one of the guys went through my bag and took currency and a pair of Oakley sunnies.

Both were basic careless mistakes. Neither will happen again.

Be reasonably careful and you'll be fine.

Oh, glad you liked the shot, here's another that would work better as a desktop background: -

088.jpg

:D

i understand .

ok thats the kind of tips i am looking for , ill sure will not deal in backstreet .

And ill be vigilant . I am sure the ppl are nice and all in general , but like everywhere there is rotten apples.

BTW i love ur signature its so funny :D

at first i tough they were piranah

what kind of fish or marine species should i be very carefull , i guess there is a lot that are poisonous ?

at first i tough they were piranah

what kind of fish or marine species should i be very carefull , i guess there is a lot that are poisonous ?

basically, try not to touch anything underwater. lots of poisonous bottomdwellers are very well camouflaged like scorpionfishes. blue ring octopi are also poisonous if you are lucky enough to see one. also some hydroids burn like $%&# when they touch your bare skin.

Back
Top Bottom