HELP....My nerves are worse then hers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My daughter started her PADI OW last year at the age of twelve. She's just turned thirteen now and is soon to achieve junior master scuba diver (hopefully in the next few weeks). She absolutely loves it. Very relaxed in the water and a great buddy to dive with.

Guess who's a proud dad?

Only problem now is that my 7 yr old son is desperate to join in the fun...!!!

Ah well at least it gives me a few years to save up for his kit :D

I feel you. I went through this 3 times. I was better for my 10 year old daughter than my 12 year old son... And then there was my husband..... I worried more about his dorky self than the kids. The kids will be amazing, and they won't be allowed to dive before they're ready. You just stay away from them. For classroom, pool, and OW check dives. Seriously. You'll just be a wreck and get in the way. Sniff some glue, mainline some gin....... something...... Hang in there!!!
The greatest feeling is diving with your kids. We dive every weekend now.

Last edited:
ah... they must have been the two young ladies I saw getting instruction at Oak Hill the other day. They were learning how to assemble their gear and looked like they were having fun (as did their instructor). One of them made a comment something like, "It only takes our parents about 2 minutes to do this, and it's taking us half an hour!" :)

I'm sure they'll do fine... they seemed relaxed, comfortable, and eager to learn.

ah... they must have been the two young ladies I saw getting instruction at Oak Hill the other day. They were learning how to assemble their gear and looked like they were having fun (as did their instructor). One of them made a comment something like, "It only takes our parents about 2 minutes to do this, and it's taking us half an hour!" :)

I'm sure they'll do fine... they seemed relaxed, comfortable, and eager to learn.

Thats cause they have kick ass parents, well at least ONE of them does :D

Hahaha, i think that we did awesome. We passed the test to go in a pool now! YAYY!!!

:dork2:

Hahaha, i think that we did awesome. We passed the test to go in a pool now! YAYY!!!

:dork2:

Drum roll.... introducing Maddy! Welcome to the board! :)

Crap does this mean we have to behave ourselves? I banned Leia from the Texas Swamp board.... Only can be on the teen board

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom