Help with getting unusual odor out of a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you bought a smoke damaged suit from a fire sale

.... it it it's still a good find for my 16 year old. He's got a week in Cozumel .....

That's good, then, I think 16 year olds are okay to smoke in Mexico... among other things.

Jeez, when this thread started I really thought it was going to be about some other type of odor source.

Before using "Sink the Stink", read the website and understand what it is and how it works. It simply will not work for your problem.

After a few dives, you may wish it still smelled like it does now, anyway.

Sink the Stink works great on stinky boots that have been worn for several days (same smell my sons' sneakers used to get when they waded through the pond to get to the frogs!). Remember NOT to rinse the suit after you soak it in the diluted solution. Have fun in Coz!

The final result? After multiple baths of mouthwash, then vinegar and then JAhjahwarrior's suggestion of Odoban....I think I've solved the problem. JahJah.....loved the Odoban....I think I've found a new fav product.
Thank you all.

You might pack it in a plastic bag with 8 oz of Baking Soda for the trip down in case of any residual...

At Sams club they sell it with a spray bottle too, I use it for a lot of stuff. Very good cleaning with a great smell. Also saw a citrus smell last trip to home depot but I love the classic eucalyptus.

It also gets out pet pee smells from clothes and carpet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom