Henderson Hyperstretch Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just finished my OW class and was using a 7mm Body Glove X2 size was 2xl

I decided to get my own wet suit and chose the 5/7mm Henderson Hyperstrech.

My question is how much less weight do you think I will need with the henderson Suit. In salt water I was using 30lbs and was over weight by 1-2 but was comfortable at the end of the dive when the AL80 tank was empty and we were doing the safety stop. I was never cold in the 7mm so I thought the 5/7 should be a good choise :) I guess we will find out heheh.

I will be doing most of my dives from southern California beaches and boats.

This is something you'll really have to try for yourself. I recently bought a Hyperstretch suit and am wearing it with a hooded vest. For me, the difference wasn't much - 2lbs. My old suit was thicker, but then it was getting compressed...

Well I got to try it out on opening day for lobsters :) I took out 2lbs and had a little trouble at the safety stop when the al80 was empty So I will add the 2lbs back

BTW I love the suit :)

I got my Henderson Hyperstretch 1 year ago. I feel like an underwater ballerina in it! I got the 5mm & pair it with a Henderson Trilaminate fleece which cuts my buoyancy by about 3 pounds. (DIG IT!)

I just walked into a shop and witnessed the Henderson Hyperstretch for the first time. Looks very appealing for my curvy body! Do you all love it? do you find it keeps just as warm. I will be going for the full 7 mm as I do alot of New England diving and can't believe that it is as warm as the thick heavy neoprene... also, do you have the gold lining in yours? Debating on whether I would like that, I think I would prefer my skin to be able to breath instead of sweat.

I would appreciate any feedback on this system. Are there other brands that have similar stretchy neoprene?

SeaQuest has come out with something called X-Flex which sounds very similar. As for warmth, there is a bit of a tradeoff there, but the mobility is wonderful - I dive dry during the winter here, so it will work well for me. Suggestion - add a hooded vest. I know some people will think, "Why not get a custom suit for a better fit?" Well, I appear to be in a metabolic flux - I had one and have gained a few pounds since it was new and it wasn't working for me.

the stretchier neoprene is much more forgiving for that weight gain or loss. Thanks for the info. I'll look into the Sea Quest stuff and compare

I have 2 3mm, 1 5mm, 2 7mm suits. 3 of them are hyperstretch, 2 are gold core. I used to love the Gold Core suits, but I discovered that when they got wet, they became almost impossible to put back on. I got a hyperstretch and :eek:ut: WOW.

The suit glides on, is much more confortable, and I think I even dropped some lead too.

30lbs of lead? :eek: WOW! Are you sure you need all that? With my 7mm hyperstretch, steel tank and steel backplate, I dive with no lead at all. My tank and backplate are about 10lbs negative total. If you dive alot, you'll find that you need less lead down the road.

Hope that helps.

--Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom