Henry Morgan + Fantasy Dive Travel = FAIL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Picture37-4.png

Didn't Scubaboard accept and run ads for these guys? After the whole FI issue was discussed? Can just anyone buy banner space on this forum? If so, I sell bridges and small tropical islands that I would like to advertise.
If you pay me the proper amount of money, I'll run your ad too. I'm all equal opportunity, so what's your point?

You are absolutely right. Hook, line and sinker. I am absolutely the most naive, stupid idiot on the face of the planet.

Not at all, you have love for a place and were trusting. It's funny, Since I have owned my place on the Island I have had countless numbers of fellow gringos tellme how I could not trust the Hondurans, they would screw me, stab me in the back, etc... But to date the only issues i have had, and settled to my favore in the Honduran system, dealt with other expats.
The one thing that made me post what i did was I did recall all the hype and when Diva posted she WAS actually working for FI and then a few days ago it was posted there was never a work relationship. Lets remember, If it goes on the internet one time, it is there forever , I hope this has not soured your whole Roatan experience and maybe its time to get back to basics,no promoting, just dive cool places and stay where you book direct

Thanks for the comments. Your words are true and certainly make sense. I completely understand your need to point out the fact that you think I made an announcement that I was going to work for FI. The point you are missing is that I have never worked for Fantasy Island. The announcement I made was that I was going to be working with Fantasy Dive Travel. I did this because I was very active on the Bay Islands section of ScubaBoard and I did not in any way want to be deceptive to people that have become friends of mine. I was trying to honor ScubaBoard's policies by "coming out".So the post that Cajuncru Diver made was exactly accurate...he didn't say anything about there not being a relationship, he simply told you there was not an employment relationship with FI, which is the absolute truth.As far as my views about Roatan, they will never change. I love the island and I love the people there. The diving is some of the best on our end of the world. Roatan should be near the top of every divers "to do" list. At this time I would have a hard time believing that I would be welcome there :depressed:

At this time I would have a hard time believing that I would be welcome there :depressed:

Bull****, I have badmouthed folks for all kinds of things, Gotten many a gringo pissed off that I actually got the municipality involved, Sure, Many Expats may not like my tactics but many more Islanders, those that matter are behind me . You got caught up in something, I am sorry to hear you still post it was not a job thing, I would rather hear you were caught up and got out when things went south, Continuing as if you have or had no clue just seems as if you don't want to expose the ba guy for whatever reason. I am sure tht CCV would welcome you as would many others, Would they Welcome you like time tested visitors?? Not likely as you never spent time there, Maybe even the new FI is Open for your type of travel. Do you know who is in charge, involved, resposible for FI These days?
Of course if you keep the enthusiasm I am sure we could always have a place for you at a great rate in the lowly area of Flowers Bay . Just not 5 dives a day, meals or that other silly stuff that goes with many vacations :D

....I think he's been like that since the very beginning. I dont want to sound resentful but I did heard him many times saying things to clients that were not true......

"Resentful" isn't the word I would use to describe that.

If something like this should happen again to a resort you're managing, what will you do the next time?

Wow. I was part of CajunDiva's crew back in April '11 and am actually really surprised to visit the board and see this thread and how things have turned out since then. The staff at Media Luna and Aqua Adventures were amazing and it's truly sad to see that they've been wronged by Rich. Our trip wouldn't have been as amazing as it was without them and without CajunDiva either. And to those that insinuate that CajunDiva was in cohorts with Rich really do not know her and what kind of person she is. I would trust her with my life.

I contacted Cajun Diva before your trip with questions about Rich Henry. She had nothing but good things to say about him. As it turned out Rich Henry was the theif. I think you should ask Cajun Diva to post something informing all of scubaboard followers that Fantasy Island was not to blame for your problem. Rich Henry is an EVIL person. Him saving your vacation (NOT)prompted several harsh comments about Fantasy Island....you played right into his hands. The PR you all did for this guy was priceless to him and his business..the end all is he cheated several people out of alot of money. Fantasy Island could use an apology. If you loved Fantasy Island before..it has only gotten better. Time for you to go back and make you peace. We just returned from 3 weeks at Fantasy Island and I plan to write a review on the resort over the weekend. It was the best dive vacation of our lives and we are planning on a return trip in June.

Cajun Diva, I think you should contact Fantasy Island. When we were there (for 3 weeks) we spoke to Justo Inarejos about "THE PROBLEM". He mention you, I had written you last year about Rich Henry..on and on this goes. Fantasy Island needs all the good things you have to say about them. Just reach out. They know you were taken in by the smooth talking Rich Henry. And Fantasy Dive Travel..IS NOT...conected to Fantasy Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom