Henry Morgan + Fantasy Dive Travel = FAIL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone who contends that they have never been fooled have only fooled themselves. - Tao of Love

I guess that goes along with my previous statement about being naive, stupid and humiliated :depressed:

I don't think it's fair to blame an innocent lamb who's never seen a wolf before, for not recognizing that the wolf might do it harm. It's not fair for the lamb to blame itself either.

One of the easiest marks for any conman is the person who have deceived themselves into believing that they can not get duped.

The hardest person for a conman to dupe is often themselves. Once they have achieved that mile stone, fooling the rest of us is down right easy.

That is very kind of you and you will never know how much I appreciate the kind words. But you are not understanding the source of "the lamb's" pain. I am not blaming myself. I have not, nor would I ever do anything to harm another intentionally...that would not honor the God I serve.

My problem is that people I DEEPLY care about have been severely injured and I grieve for the great harm that has been perpetrated on them. For years I have loved Fantasy Island. I have enjoyed special times with many who work there, including teaching them to cook Cajun Gumbo (which they hated, but endured graciously!) and loving and bringing gifts to their kids. These people are our FAMILY. It felt like part of our hearts were torn out when we stopped going there. Then we became friends with the people at Media Luna and the awesome staff at Aqua Adventures. They took great care of us when hubby had an accident and cut his leg open. They personally took us to the medical clinic at Anthony's Key to get him stitched up. What wonderful people! I love them all dearly and want nothing more than to see them all succeed and prosper.

Seeing them put through this grieves me deeply. I pray that they will overcome this huge setback and that they will have plenty of guests coming through their doors to compensate for what they have lost.

Last edited:
I think he's been like that since the very beginning. I dont want to sound resentful but I did heard him many times saying things to clients that were not true, and we later discover many other things he told us that were lies too.
He liked to brag that he was a Director of the hotel, that was thinking to buy the property, that he was exclusive (when in fact, he never was...)
He is a terrific salesman and he can make you belive whatever he tells you.
Its too bad he got his way with something like this for a second time, but we did warned HM in time, when this was happening to Fantasy

So where is he now? Is he not prosecutable...??

Hi Cajundiva, Welcome back havent seen you post for a while. Thank you for your posts, I used to think that you were involved in rich's schemes. The way you defended his actions when so many others could see clearly what he was doing led me to believe you were in cahoots. I'm glad your trip was rescued. It was easy to pretend to pay for people to stay at another resort if one stills has the money they paid for the first resort. Too bad OP didn't search the archives here maybe this could have been avoided. I am sorry that you guys put your faith in someone so strongly only to learn otherwise. I'm just glad that I no longer have to think that you were in anyway involved. Unless of course I am the one who is being fooled by your posts and you are just trying to disassociate yourself from rich now that the story is out in the open. Just sayin?

Thanks for the vote of confidence...I really appreciate your kind words.

Reactions: Doc
Didn't Scubaboard accept and run ads for these guys? After the whole FI issue was discussed? Can just anyone buy banner space on this forum? If so, I sell bridges and small tropical islands that I would like to advertise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom