Henry Morgan + Fantasy Dive Travel = FAIL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is not him.
Thanks.

The man can be very persuasive. He has even duped ScubaBoard as well. It might be unflattering to admit that many of us were duped, but the fact is: we were.
So what did he get you for anyway...?

Through all these posts I have still wondered why anyone would use a travel agent for a Roatan Resort, I guess that is the way for some people and nothing personal but I find the further north folks live the more they seem to use travel agents, Heck , How many from canada only travel on AI type trips? . Now as I read through this and see some from someone supposedly affiliated with HM Saying they had no idea and wish they knew? Are they serious? Are they realy affiliated? Come on, Who are they kidding, After the past fiasco at FI is there really anyone ignorant enough to go into deals such as this without more research or to claim they never knew of such issues?? Or is this alll backtracking to cover ones self? I have paid lawyers before hiring my watchman and caretkers and done background checks and I am just a local guy with little buisiness, Have these places really gone into buisiness so blind? Of course, ANYWAY you look at it, those out of money should be compensated with little isue from their credit card company, they paid for things they did not get, so it all becomes moot after that unless there are other suits filed for loss of this or that

I was just wondering,
In the past there was th Cajun's, So involved in FI, even to the point of being an emplyee of sorts, then it went bad and we were all told about how great Rich and Media luna were working and took care of a family trip. This was not a one off thing, This was a regular poster here with obvious promotional skills yet the cajun posts seem to have dried up as well, It would be interesting to hear the insider take if they have one

Through all these posts I have still wondered why anyone would use a travel agent for a Roatan Resort,

My first time to FI I called the resort directly and was told by them I had to go through their US agent. If not traveling from the US I could book directly with them.

My wife and I went to Roatan for the first time in the spring of 2010, we stayed at FI on that trip. While there we met Rich Henry, his wife and another couple they were vacationing with. They were all very pleasant and good company. Rich was ddefinitely a salesman. Sometime after our trip which we loved, we found out Rich was becoming the main booking agent for FI. So the following winter I got in touch with Rich to book another trip to FI. Then about a month before our spring trip we got a e mail from FI, saying they were not paid for our stay there. I called Rich to find out what was going on, I got a long story about how the new owners were not fulfilling their part of his contract and they were screwing people around. So he set us up at Media Luna. Whlie there I did get a chance to meet Cajun Diva. we were all very impressed with ML. I only met Rich on that one trip, so I really do not know that much about him, but he did right by us. I am sure we will never know the real story but it would be very disappointing if all that is being said about him is true

My first time to FI I called the resort directly and was told by them I had to go through their US agent. If not traveling from the US I could book directly with them.

Seems a bit odd, I as mentioned, have no experience with travel agents, But at least if they are a US Rep then there should be no problem whatsoever in having the CC Company reverse charges

I was just wondering,
In the past there was th Cajun's, So involved in FI, even to the point of being an emplyee of sorts, then it went bad and we were all told about how great Rich and Media luna were working and took care of a family trip. This was not a one off thing, This was a regular poster here with obvious promotional skills yet the cajun posts seem to have dried up as well, It would be interesting to hear the insider take if they have one

Hi Doc: Since you asked for a response from the Cajun's, I will give you my best effort. You asked for an insider take if we have one and unfortunately we can't give you anything from an insider point of view. Possibly you could help with that as with your position there on the island, you are more probably in the best position to get insider information.
What I can tell you is that we were regular customers of Fantasy Island for about ten years and we learned to love FI, the people of FI and the people of Roatan in general---and we still do. While we were very involved in promoting Roatan in general and FI in particular on this board(because that is where our heart was) we were never in the position of being an employee of sorts of FI. While FI was under the management of Privilege Hotels we were asked one year to attend DEMA for FI, because of the internal problems with Mel being removed from office they could not get their employees visa's to enter the US. Now fast forward to 2011. Cajun Diva arranged for my 70th birthday to be celebrated at FI and she paid their US agent the rack rate for 11 of our family to come to Roatan for the celebration. Anyone interested in those post related to the heartache me and my family went through during that time can find them using the search button and I will not rehash them here. What I will say is that I am a retired Attorney who practiced law in South Louisiana for 44 years and Louisiana law is based upon the Code Napoleon, which is based upon Roman Law, which is very similar to the legal system in force in most Central and South American countries. Therefore as an attorney well acquainted with the law of principal and agency I was very upset with the position taken by Fantasy Island regarding refusal to honor the reservation that I had paid for by depositing the funds with their acknowledged US agent. I wish that had never happened and wish that my family and I were still enjoying being with the friends that I made there, but as the saying goes "S__t on my head once, shame on you, S__t on my head twice shame on me". We have not been back to FI and don't anticipate going back, but you will not find now, nor have you ever found on this board or anywhere else derogatory comments from us or an effort to adversely affect FI.
Cajun Diva having almost lost a year of planning (not to mention a not insiginificent amount of money) accepted the offer of Rich Henry to move the event to Media Luna and yes it turned out to be a great 70th birthday week. Naturally we were very excited that her efforts and planning for almost a year were not ruined and we were very complimentary of both Rich Henry and Media Luna. Now we just like all of you are learning what has happened to those wonderful people at Media Luna that we came to call friends. All I can say is it's like Net Doc posted it's not pleasant to admit, but we were duped like he was. Hopefully these unfortunate incidents can be left behind us
and we can use whatever promotional skills we possess to once again extoll the virtues of Roatan and the great people who staff resorts like Media Luna, Fantasy Island, CocoView, Anthony's Key, etc, etc, etc.

Sounds like he robbed Peter, promised to pay Paul, but kept the majority for himself - but that's a guess.

Back
Top Bottom